Tackled Brakes And Disc

Easy job all you need is

14mm socket for the caliper

19mm socket for the rotor

a Philips head screwdriver to release the discs.

and these (cheaper options out there but for the price why not.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Stop-OEK-Ceramic-Brake-Kits-for-Aveo-KOE5893-/382032351293?vxp=mtr

perfect step by step tutorial (chevy aveo no difference in steps from Chevy Spark)

my car needed a new set of tires and alignment which set me back a bit but thats fine since my original plan was to have the dealer do the job so comes out to about the same

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 6:32 PM, Bobby MSME said:

That is one of the better video's for learning how to change pads & rotors. 

I am sure do it your selfers will appreciate it, and thanks for posting.

On 4/8/2017 at 4:48 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

Ya..Very good price on that kit and people who are able to do that correctly can really save a bundle!..Brake job at a garage or dealer is mostly labor with a huge mark-up on parts. Nice job on finding that.

the ONLY issues i ran into were the bolts were super TIGHT. everything was done by hand tools and extra elbow grease

And removing the caliper was a bit of a hassle just because the dirt and gunk build up but other than that it was an easy job

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/15/2018 at 1:52 PM, shawnb4595 said:

2013 Spark. I stripped the phillips screws that hold on the rotors and had to drill them out. I hope this will be ok as I could not/did not replace them.

is that screw the same as the one on the drum brakes??????   IM TRYING to buy the screw that is a 6 point star screw that hold the drum to the mini rotor in the drum brakes..   

i bought a used chevy spark 2016 its missing i thought water goes in so i should replace it ...  model number or pictures would be greatly appreciated, or is it ok to leave it missing 

i guess its a long shot different year but the when searching on forum how to know what to write to search..   

• 2 weeks later...