2017 Chevy Spark LS available for cheap

I see an ad for a 2017 Chevy Spark LS 5-speed in Kalamata color selling for only $11,100. I am more than just a little bit interested in this car. That's a lot of technology packed into that little car, including a backup camera. Who has a 2016 and/on Spark that loves it and wants to add anything in particular in here about what you love (or hate) about the latest-gen Spark?

2016 Chevy Spark green.htm

Edited by SalsaSpark

I just bought a LS 5 speed last week for $9300, MSRP was $13,875.  You just missed the Chevy 20% off sale. My local dealer has some 5 speed models marked down an extra $1800. For that price I bought it for a commuter car. I feel the interior has plenty of room. The redesign made the Spark look pretty good compared to the last generation. 

IMG_3749_zpsqz2xamtl.jpg

On 3/15/2017 at 9:11 PM, finklejag said:

I just bought a LS 5 speed last week for $9300, MSRP was $13,875.  You just missed the Chevy 20% off sale. My local dealer has some 5 speed models marked down an extra $1800. For that price I bought it for a commuter car. I feel the interior has plenty of room. The redesign made the Spark look pretty good compared to the last generation. 

IMG_3749_zpsqz2xamtl.jpg

I have the exact same car but paid a little more. Love the painted wheel covers. Will do the same to mine. Goes well with the black/blue color scheme of the rest of the car.

On 3/15/2017 at 9:11 PM, finklejag said:

Good deal on that Finkler!..Seems the prices for Korean cars are always cheaper in WA..Must be the lower shipping cost..Port to Port without a long carrier trip inland. Great commuter car with all the electronics and stuff you won't find on a car even close to that price..new...Manual tranny is a wise choice..CVT is wise to avoid due to...well you get my drift..

10 hours ago, Eric1984 said:

Bought my LS in Sumner, WA from Sunset Chevy on Feb 20th, sticker price was about 10,600. Free lifetime powertrain warranty, free lifetime oil changes, and free lifetime car washes.

Excellent price..and lifetime oil changes etc are smart bonus. If you like to use Synthetic oil (I recommend that) you may have to pay the difference and ask for it..but still..very nice deal! From my not too great memory, I recall older posts from 2012-14 of some members having used that dealer with a $9,999 offer they had back then.

1 hour ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

If you like to use Synthetic oil (I recommend that) you may have to pay the difference and ask for it.

When I was at the dealer the other day picking up my plates, I asked him if they use synthetic oil there and he said yes. But we will see, I don't mind paying a little extra anyway since this car will only ever have full synthetic.

Picked mine up earlier this month. The car was under $11 grand, including the taxes and BS dealership fees. I did shell out a bit extra beyond that for GAP and extended warranty, but still extremely reasonable. Where mine is silver, the plastic wheel covers match the paint job so I'll leave them as is.  Actually, the covers are pretty legit. Usually they go out of their way to make the plastic wheel covers extra crappy looking, in a blatant effort to upsell you to the higher model with alloy wheels. 

IMG_0096.JPG

My wife has a 2013, and I liked it well enough that I bought a 2016 in July last year. I'm currently at 7k miles for I believe $13xxx. I did get the sunroof option which was $1000 more over the models without.

The redesign did more to better utilize available space inside the car. The mylink with Android auto is a huge improvement over the older generations, and I'm not here what all was changed but there's less noise inside than the 2013. Speaker placement vs. the 2013 is also greatly improved.

I have the 5 speed so I can't comment on CVT issues. So far I haven't ran into anything else mechanically but I'm only at 7k.

Overall it's a fantastic car if you're looking for something small and affordable, but with offerings of the larger cars (mylink, etc)

• 4 weeks later...

I lived in WA state before moving to FL last year. The sales tax in WA was pretty high, 9+% neighborhood. I love Florida taxes. 6% sales tax, and property tax on my $110k condo is less than $600/year because I am senior age and live in the property. In WA property tax was a killer.

Back to the Spark 2017 LS, I bought it a few weeks back, and loving it. The CVT tranny is smooth with superb acceleration for such a small 1.4 liter engine. At 60 mph, the engine is under 2000 rpm. The only issue I found with the CVT is when I am slowing down to almost a stop due to slow traffic ahead, moving at about 5 mph, but then traffic starts to move again, and I do not need to come to a complete stop, the CVT will not shift equivalent to 1st gear, and therefore it rev's up a bit due to lack of 1st gear torque. It is obviously a programming issue, but nothing scary. If the car slows down to under 2 mph, then the CVT seems to shift into equivalent of 1st gear, with strong torque available. Other than that the CVT behaves very much in tune with the driver's demand. 

Have fun with your new 2017 Spark with manual tranny :shift:. It should be a gas to drive :welcome:

For $11 grand or so, this little car is legit. It's more substantial than the previous (2013-2015) model, with lower NVH and much improved interior quality.

The CVT is a GM-badged JATCO CVT7. As such, it has a 2 speed high/low gear in series with the CVT. That's what you feel "shifting" as the car comes to a stop. For oil changes, the 2016+ "requires" Dexos 1 Gen 2 oil. Just about all the licensed brands are full synthetic. If you're doing oil changes at the dealer, they should stock, and be using this everytime they do an oil change.

Edited by JonBoy470