Production discontinued

The production of SPARK was discontinue in 2017. When we purchased the car in 2015 nobody told this possibility. May be they didn't know at that time.

Anyway, what will happen when we will need parts and repairs?

As a fact, even oil filter needs to be ordered. Cannot find it at walmart, and not even at Autozone!!! Autozone has to order it.

They say some contract enforces GM to still generate parts for customers...but how can I believe this when even the oil filter is already a problem now.

Andy

Edited by andy
On 2/12/2017 at 8:35 AM, sparkfanatic said:

The only Spark discontinued here in the US is the electric version . The oil filters are readily available but I would recommend using the OEM filter as some of the aftermarket filters are of different capacity and you will find your oil level overfilled..

Very true and an often overlooked detail...On the small engine oil capacity a larger filter is better specially with the long synthetic oil life.

FYI: Last oil change on the Spark I experimented...drove until DIC oil life monitor showed 1% about 12,800mi and around 17 months same Eonos synthetic and OEM filter. Car has 119Kmi on it. Burned less than 1/2qt...oil still amber and not black. Mechanic sent sample to be tested...still had about 500-1Kmi left on it. Don't recommend this as I drive mostly longer trips in warm climate.

Edited by Retired old Gearhead