Im pissed off!! C:yahoo:oolant tank on my 13 spark is leaking. Tom Gill Chevrolet wants to charge me 400.00 to repair what is obviously a defect. Part online is only 30.00..bought an extended warranty but it has a 200.00 deductible, plus hose isnt covered....

Tom Gill is, well, lets just say he wants to overcharge you by at least well over $300...You can buy the tank online..if you are not comfortable to install yourself..any good garage will do that for you..about 1/2 hr labor..so under 100 bucks. You can also go to your trusted mechanic ..they will order the part and install around for $100. Or..Order the correct part and have one of your 'car guy/girl' friends do it in return for a lunch....Lots more info on the tank leak issue on this site..just do a search...K?

• 2 months later...

Be wary of any dealer services beyond what is covered by warranty. 

As the very knowledgeable folks on this forum point out, have your own mechanic

order the tank and install it for you.

My 2007 Pontiac G5 gave me flawless service for 9+ years. Never had a engine check light come on in 9+ years, or any other malfunction for that matter. Then I decided it deserves a coolant flush. Dropped it off at the dealer. After I picked up the car, I noticed coolant temp was running 10 degrees higher than during previous 9+ years. I took it back to dealer, and they said this was normal! I told them to make sure there were no air pockets left in the system after coolant flush. So they checked my car, and I drove off. This time the coolant temp was back down to what I had seen for 9+ years! 

But the story gets worse! Next day I get my first engine check light! I plugged in the OBD II scanner and it said misfire in engine #1. My guess is, but I can not prove it, that they overheated my engine during coolant flush, causing carbon deposits on exhaust valves. So, back to the dealer. Again they explained it is normal to get carbon deposits after 9 years. Yeah right! The next day after coolant flush? 

Moral of the story is, dealer mechanics are not rocket scientists!! You are better off finding a repair shop you can trust when warranty expires.