Rattlish noise when making turns/bumps

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced similar...as i cannot figure this out at all. I want to suspect it started up..ever sense i slowly backed up over a pile of snow that was JUST high enough to scrape under the car.

If im driving around. And take a turn ( commonly right turns is when i can repeat and hear it 100% of the time ) i notice a rattle sound. It doesnt sound like metal on metal though.  Its kinda quiet from inside the car. But when i take the turn.. slowly, not a BUMPY turn..just a nice smooth turn..i hear something rattling.  I have noticed the same sound if im driving on a straight road and hit any sort of bumps.

We can conclude something is loose.

This has been an on going thing for almost a year now. It hasnt gotten better/worst, so its been shrugged off as whatever...dosnt sound nast..or really bad.  I just figured some plastic is loose.

The other day i crawled under my car and taped everything i could guess it was.  Nothing was loose. Not the muffler/exhaust..the plastic gaurds... i cant figure out what the heck is making the sound.  Its odd to me that even turning smoothly, no bumps felt, is able ti do it.

I dont know much about cars..enough to say if theres metal steering rods or something that could be loose and bouncing around maybe, and maybe thats why its noted more commonly during turns..

Just curious.

Mine i can pinpoint enough to say its front / front left of the car.  External. Hear it easier when the windows are down.  Ill have to really look into it and knock around more when it warms up..maybe under the hood too. Isnt the battery..

Thought maybe someone would have experienced similar i noticed the plastic gaurds have push-in plastic rivots.  So maybe one popped loose somewhere when snow hit the bottom..hmm. 15F weather doesnt incline one to climb under the car xD

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 7:33 PM, KillaX said:

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced similar...as i cannot figure this out at all. I want to suspect it started up..ever sense i slowly backed up over a pile of snow that was JUST high enough to scrape under the car.

If im driving around. And take a turn ( commonly right turns is when i can repeat and hear it 100% of the time ) i notice a rattle sound. It doesnt sound like metal on metal though.  Its kinda quiet from inside the car. But when i take the turn.. slowly, not a BUMPY turn..just a nice smooth turn..i hear something rattling.  I have noticed the same sound if im driving on a straight road and hit any sort of bumps.

We can conclude something is loose.

This has been an on going thing for almost a year now. It hasnt gotten better/worst, so its been shrugged off as whatever...dosnt sound nast..or really bad.  I just figured some plastic is loose.

The other day i crawled under my car and taped everything i could guess it was.  Nothing was loose. Not the muffler/exhaust..the plastic gaurds... i cant figure out what the heck is making the sound.  Its odd to me that even turning smoothly, no bumps felt, is able ti do it.

I dont know much about cars..enough to say if theres metal steering rods or something that could be loose and bouncing around maybe, and maybe thats why its noted more commonly during turns..

Just curious.

Hey KillaX,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this noise concern with you Spark. I’d be more than happy to help connect you to with a Chevrolet dealership to have them diagnose this concern, and provide you with a recommended resolution. If this is of interest to you, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of the certified Chevrolet dealership you would like to work with. Feel free to include any questions that you may have.

Best,

Cecil J.

Chevrolet Customer Care