Using 195/50R15 tires instead of 185/55R15.

No problem BlackLevisa. 185/60/15 work well..195/55/15 and 205/50/15 all work well and have enough clearance and very little if any spedo to actual difference. Just be sure to get them balanced as close as possible since more rubber/weight bounces more when not balanced closely. 185/60/15 will not give a better grip but certainly a smoother ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I have a 2015 chevy spark and I went today to get tires,of course they didn't have the stock size,they suggested 185 60 15,so I drove home, and on my way it was making a heck of a racket,got home and I checked the tires and the front ones were rubbing the struts,now I have to drive 35 miles on rubbing tires and wait for them to get the oem tires in on order,hope it doesn't blow out..

3 hours ago, Roger said:

I have a 2015 chevy spark and I went today to get tires,of course they didn't have the stock size,they suggested 185 60 15,so I drove home, and on my way it was making a heck of a racket,got home and I checked the tires and the front ones were rubbing the struts,now I have to drive 35 miles on rubbing tires and wait for them to get the oem tires in on order,hope it doesn't blow out..

20210824_195955.thumb.jpg.a7e4e5c7fcdd800a201c76ddd8fd407f.jpg