Replacement Battery for a 2014 Spark LT

What replacement batteries fit the 2014 Chevrolet Spark LT?

I found the GM part # 88864528 but it appears to be out of stock. I found a battery group size of LN1 / LN1PS

Ideally I'd like something with higher CCAs, as winters are cold where I live. Some other posts mention that the 2013 Spark will fit an Autozone Gold Edition. Does the 2014 Spark have the same battery tray?

Thanks in advance. It's so hard to find a battery for this model.

I just went through this last weekend and the only battery i could find was an Autozone battery that was for the Spark. They only have one kind and it is stamped right on it made in South Korea. Its only 400 cranking amps and only comes with a two year warranty but I didn't have time to jack around trying to see if there was anything else that might fit in the tray. I do know that the way it mounts that you would have to come up with a different top bracket to hold it in place if it wasn't the exact same measurement front to back.

Just take the measurements of the battery with you and find one about the same size at about 375ah..no need to get the exact size as there is a bit of room at the height dimension as well as length...lotsa batteries out there that fit..even one for the Volks passat etc.. Also if the current battery has a size group # like H-5 etc..just use that. I would not waste money on a fancy performance battery because you just don't need that.

Wal-Mart has both good and excellent batteries that will fit...Check the battery finder book at the battery section at the store. Spark does not need a hi-power battery as it does not need a lot of power to start etc...I have used their "EverStart-Maxx" both in cars and marine and they have a 5 yr warranty and not expensive. If you want to spend more, they also carry name brand and performance units that will fit....OK..sounds like an ad for Walmart..and maybe because I have some of their stocks you should go there......Nuff said about that...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have gotten the EverStart-Maxx T-5 to fit its a little bigger than the tray but it fits edge to edge so i just put some foam padding underneath and its perfect will try and take some pictures later. I went with the H-5 first cause thats what i was told was the correct one but it was too tall the T-5 is shorter and fits like a glove. best part is its got 650 CCA.

• 7 months later...
On January 5, 2018 at 7:56 PM, mg bassplayer said:

I have a 2014 Spark. I found that Walmart has the Maxx T5 which fit nicely after I added a 1/2" Piece of wood underneath it (fit inside tray). It has twice the CCA's as the dealership and Autozone replacement. It was cheaper AND

it has a much better warranty too!

That 1/2 inch board under battery simply makes it higher. Was that necessary for the battery cables to fit?

thanks for a great alternate battery suggestion.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I want to thank you guys for this info! My battery laid down on me when my finances were tight. Advance Auto wanted $160 and were out of them. They said that they could have it here in the morning, no help to me. Walked over to Walmart, no entry for spark..... You guys made it so I could get home tonight and saved me $100. THANK YOU!!!

• 2 years later...