Greetings Sparkies..... New to this forum, not new to forums.

Just got myself a brand new 2016 2LT..... Titanium with sunroof. LOVE IT.

Sound is OK, just needs some bottom. (Not looking to rattle the car next to me.....) I'll add a nice compact powered sub in the trunk somewhere.

Only question I have is where to find the signal. All the threads I see are older, and the rear speakers were on the hat shelf? Mine are in the rear doors..... Looking for an easy spot to tap in to. If I have to go behind the head.... how do you get there? Don't want to break stuff finding out.

Thanks.

while I haven't had a 2016 roll through the shop yet, Id be extremely surprised if the radio didn't come out by popping out the trim around the radio, but I would be careful as the plastic panels on the dash and around the climate controls are made out of very soft plastic, you will want to only use plastic panel poppers/trim removal tools, and not any metal tools which will leave pry marks.  

you could also grab the signal from the speaker wires at the "B" pillar where the harness runs up and through the door boot, however this is a slightly more risky approach since there are commonly SRS sensors for detecting side impact either in the pillar or doors. 

well I didnt really mean in the boot or door itself, more just pointing to the exact set of wires I would be talking about. when grabbing any wire that goes into the door itself, I would prefer to remove the interior trim (the actual "C" pillar panel) and grab the wires from right there. they will run from the bottom up to that point.    not really something I would want to do without at least a wiring diagram and a probably a test meter.

I was in the same boat as the OP when I got my spark.  I found that the bottom end of the sound spectrum sucked.  What I did was install a Subaru underseat subwoofer in the trunk.  No need for an amplifier, it just utilizes the stock harness for the power and sound.  It's a small 7" subwoofer, but if you turn the gain all the way up it puts out some decent bass.

Edited by b00duh