Loss of engine coolant new to forum

Hi All,

I have a 2011 1.2 Chevy Spark that has just covered over 34,000 miles the mrs drives as her daily. It has a a full service dealer history. The car runs and drives fine with no noticeable issues......... I was topping up the washer fluid and noticed that the coolant level was very low. So I topped it up to the max mark.

I went out around a week later and though I would check the coolant level and it was low again. I have had a look and cant see any puddles or marks in the engine bay to point to a leek. Has any one else had this issue. Its vanishing some were but have no idea were. I have checked the oil cap and there is no sludge under the cap. ( which for a car with 34,000 I would be disappointed to see.)   

Adam 

Leaking at the return intake (top of tank) as fluid is returned on temp is a known issue with all years..tank replacement is the only option...if that is not the problem it is going into your engine somewhere. Try running the car for about 5-10 miles and turn up the heat to max temp and fans to high in the 'upper body' position and the heat should be very hot at the output vents..if no heat..bad tank.

14 hours ago, siradamrees said:

Ahhh really great stuff. Where does it come out of though there is a small pipe to the left as you look at the tank looks like an over flow is it their??

I have noticed that and I believe it could be a pressure sensitive overflow release type thing. It cannot be open ended as the tank goes to 20psi at temp...just my guess, but take it in to a trusted mechanic and it may be a simple bad pressure cap..or tank which is under $100 to replace (parts & labor). I doubt very much it is internal..but either way you should have this looked at ASAP.