I am done with my 2014 Spark!

Did you ever try replacing the battery ? If not , that's the first thing I would have tried . All the weird electrical things , warning lights  illuminating, sounds are all things that occur with many modern cars as the battery begins to fail .   There have been a bunch of us that had our battery replaced earlier than what you expect it to last . I just did mine not long ago .

I tend to agree with Robert (OP)...the 2014 to 2016 seem to have more issues than the 2013, specially with electronics and the CVT. We can place a ship & rover on a precise location on Mars with on-board computers controlling all functions, but not so much the new cars. By far the most frequent complaints are non-mechanical. Not sure what the reason is since my wife's iPhone is far more complex and compact and it always works. I remember my dad having a '52 Oldsmobile and in the many years we had that, just a few minor mechanical problems..only electrical was that the lighter in the dash stopped working after a few years..that's it. I have flown planes made in the 50's to 90's piston and jet..never an electrical/electronic issue and believe me those jets had all kinds of leading edge electronics..not so much the piston poppers...so I know they can do better in today's cars...so ya, if I was in your shoes, I would get some proven reliable unit...all cars have issues..we know that..but not all cars have constant issues that are fixed and then break or break due to the 'fix'..."nuff said on that.

• 3 months later...
On 9/26/2016 at 4:01 PM, sparkfanatic said:

Regarding the blinker , my spark a 13 does something weird . For example after putting the left blinker on and completing the turn , the right blinker will go on and stay on . It does this randomly . 

I have that issue sometimes, but it's not a major issue for me. In my Spark, if you move the blinker arm but not all the way, it will blink for three blinks. I at least hope that's what's intended. I think when this happens, it's because the blinker arm releasing after turning triggers the sensor for that three blink thing.

• 1 month later...

Iam also done with my 2014 spark lt2 after numerous complaints about the transmission to the dealer I called Chevrolet and told them I was dangerous to drive they put a new transmission in my car . Car ran fine for about 500 miles then it was back to the same old bucking , jerking not want to star out in the lowest gear again ,and after almost getting hit by a semi trying to get out of his way all the time tha transmission is trying to figure out what to do ,I decided  enough is enough ".........now driving a 2017 black Cruze RS., which gets better mileage than the spark ever did 

spark2014,

The same thing happened to me; I almost got taken out by a semi as well. Did you trade your car in? If I were to get rid of mine, I would definitely avoid Chevrolet this time as I would be too worried about another vehicle if this one had so many problems and little to no resolution.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:56 PM, spark2014 said:

Iam also done with my 2014 spark lt2 after numerous complaints about the transmission to the dealer I called Chevrolet and told them I was dangerous to drive they put a new transmission in my car . Car ran fine for about 500 miles then it was back to the same old bucking , jerking not want to star out in the lowest gear again ,and after almost getting hit by a semi trying to get out of his way all the time tha transmission is trying to figure out what to do ,I decided  enough is enough ".........now driving a 2017 black Cruze RS., which gets better mileage than the spark ever did 

We’re very sorry to learn of these sentiments, spark2014,

This is certainly not the feedback we like to hear from our customers, and we apologize for any inconveniences caused. If you would like to further discuss with our team, we encourage you to send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Helen

Chevrolet Customer Care

7 hours ago, robstacles said:

spark2014,

The same thing happened to me; I almost got taken out by a semi as well. Did you trade your car in? If I were to get rid of mine, I would definitely avoid Chevrolet this time as I would be too worried about another vehicle if this one had so many problems and little to no resolution.

Hello robstacles,

I can certainly recognize how frustrating this matter would be, and we are sorry for any displeasure. While I understand you’re seeking opinions, please know that our team welcomes the opportunity to discuss your situation further. If interested, please send us a private message with more information.

Helen

Chevrolet Customer Care

I'm starting to think that the 2013 was the first and last Spark with no major issues like auto tranny..the 2013 has the conventional 4sp auto tranny and seems rock solid after over 100Kmi and other than the coolant tank leak and the fixed PCV issues there have been no common issues. I think the Jatco-7 CVT is causing the most issues in all the Sparks following 2013 (2014-2017).