New guy

No intake hardware or new exhaust makes any difference...not like the older cars with carbs...everything is sensor or electronically controlled. Properly inflated tires and synthetic oil will help a bit..but generally speaking if you want a faster car then you pretty well need to buy a faster car.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, Sosa!

Just thinking out loud here - I wonder if any engine swaps are possible? Perhaps the 1.4 turbo from the Sonic? I'm guessing a lot of custom work would be required, but the possibility is there since both the Sonic and Spark share some of their platform with each other.

Duncan :)

7 hours ago, Duncan said:

Welcome, Sosa!

Just thinking out loud here - I wonder if any engine swaps are possible? Perhaps the 1.4 turbo from the Sonic? I'm guessing a lot of custom work would be required, but the possibility is there since both the Sonic and Spark share some of their platform with each other.

Duncan :)

Yup. Anything is possible at a price...one guy put a V8 into a Spark with mods to suspension etc, etc...Racing machine. If you want a 1.4 Turbo, it would certainly be cheaper to buy a used, low mileage Sonic and you would have it factory installed/warranty without having to replace, well, everything and then spend time fixing the bugs. I have both a Spark and Rover at over 500HP..I wanted a small as possible car that would move well at higher speeds, handle and turn tight and easy to park in tight spots..my Rover can't fit in tight spots, is harder to handle in tight traffic, but I bought it because I wanted a powerful unit and still keep my wife happy with features and comfort..result is that we actually drive the Spark more than the Rover and actually find it easier and more sporty to drive...It's the Rover that wins on long boring drives where comfort and fast passing becomes an issue...OK..off topic ramble again...'Nuff said on that.