Mylink Steering Wheel controls.

• 2 months later...

My 2013 2 lt with manual trans started this yesterday. Can't control the mylink from the steering wheel controls no outside temperature reading on the radio and when I backup it says service back up camera which it doesn't have. Recall was done several months ago for the radio no problems til just now. Any fixes yet anyone heard? I plan on taking it in to see what they say

3 hours ago, Chippy848 said:

My 2013 2 lt with manual trans started this yesterday. Can't control the mylink from the steering wheel controls no outside temperature reading on the radio and when I backup it says service back up camera which it doesn't have. Recall was done several months ago for the radio no problems til just now. Any fixes yet anyone heard? I plan on taking it in to see what they say

That's weird that it was months ago and now this. Are you sure you have not done anything recently?

Nope I haven't done anything lately. From the research I have done it is caused by installing the wrong update for the recall for mylink. I only drive the car once every week or two my better half runs the wheels off it though and she find the notice it. I could of swore everything worked fine that sat morn then quit working half way through are trip, I'm going to talk to my service manager to get it looked into and will keep you posted when I do 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

This exact same issue just started happening last week in my 2015 Spark 1LT Manual. Steering wheel controls for radio stopped working, temperature missing from display and “service rear vision system” displays on screen when in reverse. It has been several months since it was last at the dealer for regular service. 

On 6/8/2020 at 5:30 PM, AwesomeDale said:

This exact same issue just started happening last week in my 2015 Spark 1LT Manual. Steering wheel controls for radio stopped working, temperature missing from display and “service rear vision system” displays on screen when in reverse. It has been several months since it was last at the dealer for regular service. 

You could try unhooking the battery overnight and see if that resets it. More then likely its going to need to go to the dealer and be reflashed. 

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue with my 2013 manual sonic. Right side steering wheel buttons stopped working, temperature disappeared from the display and I get a notification that I need to service the rear vision system which I do not have. Did anyone have experience with their car doing this completely out of the blue? My car has not had a software update done on it in a while so I am confused why it randomly started doing this