2016 spark ls ecu check engine light 8000 miles

i was at the mall today my car did not start. i tired t again still nothing the radio and lights came on but didn't turn over . i opened the hood to check my fuse on my amp to see if that's the issue it was okay not melted or blown close the hood and then it startes, i had a check endings light on went to auto zone they told me it's the ecu didn't right the code down. called my uncle asked him if i should get the sub removed before i took it in for the warranty, he said yes due to they could say it was the sub who he'd worked fine before and after it's been installed for 2 weeks. i took it to my audio guy all the way there it was on turn the car off and the him the keys  he took the car in and then he said it was gone but the issue is we argued for 30 mins i know cars he was trying to tell me i had a hybraid car. he wasn't always telling me the truth he didn't pop the hood he did say he had a device to clear the code which i think he did any ways to remove the amp he had to disconnect the amp he had to i hope. but it did feel kinda sluggish when the engine light was on. any thoughts or advice? the engine light is off now