njresler

Super coolant

6 posts in this topic

Anyone try lowering engine/coolant temps using additives like Lucas super coolant or Royal Purple's purple ice?

You don't want to have this engine running cooler since it is most efficient and clean inside when running at correct operating temp.

Ok. I was just hoping to correct the high temps that are not good for the junk plastic they used for the coolant tank an who knows where else. Also thought it might be better for the engine. 

This is why you have dexcool the pink coolant it helps prevent the ware of plastics as I understand

Dexcool and water nothing else.

If it overheats with the factory recommended stuff, there's something wrong with it.

Erik and Tozzi are both  100% correct..don't mess with the coolant. The coolant tank is another issue altogether...a week point at the entrance of coolant metal tube that expands and contracts and may cause failure at the thinnest point just under the tube..a small square indent. Changing coolant type will kill your powertrain warranty as well as mess up... well, ..you get my drift.

Edited by Retired old Gearhead