i read somewhere maybe on here that someone used a blank from another gm car and programmed it to unlock drivers side door, but i cant find it now. i may have been confused on what i read it was late.

i would love to find out if it can be done also would be awesome to be able to pop the trunk from the fob.

I have a 16 Spark LS

What I did was purchased a switch blade style blank fob cracked open  my original key because there is a chip inside put it in the key fob then had it laser cut by a car locksmith. It cost me $40. For the doors and hatch i had a viper basic alarm system installed and added a door actuator installed on the front passenger door now the alarm operates both front doors and the hatch because the hatch has an actuator also. Install and parts cost $250 at an professional stereo place

• 2 years later...
On 9/11/2016 at 0:29 AM, Sophia Nicole Pifher said:

I just found out on the Chevrolet app you can use your smart phone as your key fob for your drivers door, I think this is only when you have on star I heavnt had a issue where it hasn't worked yet.

I have been able to unlock drivers side door lock using the Chevy App, and I am NOT On-Star subscriber.

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 9:35 AM, Ray Dockrey said:

Wow. The post you replied to was almost three years old lol

I've seen you try and control discussions several times in the past. My only polite response: there's no referee necessary. We can post to old topics or new topics as desired. Its slightly weird that you're even concerned about this.

If you are unaware that you're being socially awkward/creepy, well there ya go. Now you know. Saying as a friend...

Edited by sparkto
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 0:32 PM, sparkto said:

I've seen you try and control discussions several times in the past. My only polite response: there's no referee necessary. We can post to old topics or new topics as desired. Its slightly weird that you're even concerned about this.

If you are unaware that you're being socially awkward/creepy, well there ya go. Now you know. Saying as a friend...

First of all, i could care less. Second, bringing up very old threads can cause a complete thread to start over again because people responding to it don't realize that the problem is long gone. I am not sure where you get that I try to control discussions but again, I don't care. And finally, where on earth did you get the idea that we are friends lol. So I looked back and i realize that you are somebody who drug up an old thread on tires and I called you out on it. So now I know where this is coming from. You got your feelings hurt. 

Edited by Ray Dockrey
  • 1 year later...