I own a 2016 1LT and I notice in the infotainment system under Source I see USB1 and USB2. However, I physically only see 1 USB port at the bottom of the centre console.

Is there supposed to be another USB port somewhere else? How do I get access to the USB2?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very interesting. This head unit is popping up all over the Chevy line. The Trax, Sonic, lower trims of the Cruze. Some of these have a 2nd USB, at least optionally.  Given the diversity of vehicle models and equipment this thing is working with, I can't imagine that LG is actually shipping these things to GM Korea with different, vehicle specific firmware. I imagine they have it set up to automatically detect the ancillary hardware, potentially via CAN BUS, and present the appropriate user-facing features on the display. Sounds like some units made it out of the gate before the firmware was patched to handle the case of a single installed USB. 

• 5 months later...
On 10/12/2016 at 4:49 PM, b00duh said:

It has the mini-usb port on the back.  I've circled it in the attached photo.  I'm going to see if I could locate a chord and see what happens when I try plugging something back there.

image-7.jpg

Did you try plugging a USB cable I to this and did it work?