just traded in my  2013 spark for a 2016 spark lt .have to say the 2016 is much better than 2013 .im getting a lot better gas mileage also it taking some adjusting to the cvt trans than the old 4 speed aod .this car feels much stiffer than the old one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/16/2016 at 4:14 PM, cust1988 said:

just traded in my  2013 spark for a 2016 spark lt .have to say the 2016 is much better than 2013 .im getting a lot better gas mileage also it taking some adjusting to the cvt trans than the old 4 speed aod .this car feels much stiffer than the old one

My new 2017 is now 17 days old, and the 1.4 liter engine (older Sparks had 1.2 liter?)

is very good fit for the size of this car. She loafs barely over 2000 rpm at 60 mph, and eager to accelerate. Never had a car with rear view camera built in before. It has no CD player but I can play my MP3 player which has more music than dozens of CD's. Most impressed with the welded unibody, it is more solid than my Pontiac G5 which could spin thee wheels. 

10 hours ago, Bobby MSME said:

My new 2017 is now 17 days old, and the 1.4 liter engine (older Sparks had 1.2 liter?)

is very good fit for the size of this car. She loafs barely over 2000 rpm at 60 mph, and eager to accelerate. Never had a car with rear view camera built in before. It has no CD player but I can play my MP3 player which has more music than dozens of CD's. Most impressed with the welded unibody, it is more solid than my Pontiac G5 which could spin thee wheels. 

Yup...The new all aluminum 1.4 engine also has a very wide torque band..meaning good torque at at a greater range of RPM's. The 2013 w/4sp auto tranny does about 2,700+ at 60mph. I agree the body is very stiff and solid making for a good handling little unit...I put music on a little USB stick and just have a few in the car..labelled as to music type and plug that into the USB slot..works well with the steering column buttons to go up or down the selections and automatically mutes during a phone call via Bluetooth.