So I posted earlier with my transmission problems 15,000 miles and been in shop 6 times now because not only does transmission not shift to interstate speeds, my a/c isn't cold at all. I got my car back last Wed after the shop experienced what I've been complaining about, only to be told that's normal and that I should just not run with A/C or crank it over to 4. Saturday, my car started rough idling, the check engine light came on flickering, my stereo is changing channels by itself when I honk the horn or just driving also gets louder and quieter, the tire pressure light flickers even though onstar said tires are fine, and my traction control light is flickering as well. Back in the shop for the 7th time; 4 time in a month. Last shop said to not drive home as I'm 8 hours away and to get it into shop right away. 

Although I agree with Ray about the electrical...sounds pretty well like once they fix one thing another goes bad. I am surprised that GM has not taken a very small loss and replaced your car. Although their loss of less than $6K will translate into quite a few more sales since almost everyone in the market for a car will scour the reviews and forums for user experience...and once they read your nightmare and all the complaints on the CVT...Well, I certainly would not even consider a '14-'16 at any price.

We have the '13 with 4sp auto and like most others have had no issues even at high mileage, but GM decided that they wanted to squeeze a perfectly good unit to get even more fuel efficient and that meant some drastic drive train changes so a CVT and long torque band engine would give the car lower rpms at all speeds..thus less gas used. The result was a problematic slug that dealers dread having to sell at lower margins and dealer techs that are asked to fix the un-fixable with warranty service rates that provides a lower margin than non-warranty stuff...OK..'Nuff said about that....

Dealership has had my car for a week now and is still working on it. The AC was also having issues as in pouring out hot air at stop signs. Kind of wondering if the computer is bad with all the issues. I just got it back from the shop last week because it was in the shop the week before. One week AC=overcharged, the following week=undercharged. Get it back last week, drove it to Milwaukee and now electrical issues and the transmission is still not correct. The dealership up here is working on every single light that popped up from the engine light which happened after engine misfired, the traction control kicked in several times and there was nothing for the car to slide on which is why the shop thought rear sensors, the AC issue as to why one week overcharged and one week undercharged but yet still pouring out hot air, the tire pressure light came on as well but onstar said tire pressure is ok so looking at those sensors as well. The radio since getting my car back last week, decides when u honk the horn it wants to change stations and get louder and quieter which they think is a bad radio. They are taking the transmission apart since they saw all the complaints I had on the transmission to see if it's a line problem 

Edited by Flygrl
On August 11, 2016 at 5:49 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

Although I agree with Ray about the electrical...sounds pretty well like once they fix one thing another goes bad. I am surprised that GM has not taken a very small loss and replaced your car. Although their loss of less than $6K will translate into quite a few more sales since almost everyone in the market for a car will scour the reviews and forums for user experience...and once they read your nightmare and all the complaints on the CVT...Well, I certainly would not even consider a '14-'16 at any price.

We have the '13 with 4sp auto and like most others have had no issues even at high mileage, but GM decided that they wanted to squeeze a perfectly good unit to get even more fuel efficient and that meant some drastic drive train changes so a CVT and long torque band engine would give the car lower rpms at all speeds..thus less gas used. The result was a problematic slug that dealers dread having to sell at lower margins and dealer techs that are asked to fix the un-fixable with warranty service rates that provides a lower margin than non-warranty stuff...OK..'Nuff said about that....

I am surprised too except there aren't a lot of sparks at the dealerships. Like I drove to North Carolina and looked at dealerships and no sparks. The Dealership where I am stuck at while car is in shop has no sparks either. Thinking sparks are hard to come by right now 

Well took the guys from the shop for a test drive. The engine light they keep telling me is an old code but I have onstar diagnostic say otherwise so they told me until the engine light stays on they can't do anything for it, same with traction control lights and tire pressure lights. The car on the test drive did the same thing, from a stop to get on the interstate.... Bucked bogged down and AC poured out hot air. The tech said no not normal for the bucking and not being able to accelerate. So we get back, he goes into the office comes back 30 minutes later and state that what we experienced is normal. He said he will look at the AC issue tomorrow and he is surprised no one has done the dye test because one week it's over charged and the next undercharged... Two weeks of having my car and this is what they came up with. 

• 2 weeks later...

On my very first oil change the dealer overfilled mine by a quart .  Not a very good first impression , not to mention having a long ride to go back to fix it . On another visit they didn't have the OEM filter so they went to a parts store to get an aftermarket one which was wrong capacity and caused an overfill so back again and another long ride .

9 hours ago, sparkfanatic said:

On my very first oil change the dealer overfilled mine by a quart .  Not a very good first impression , not to mention having a long ride to go back to fix it . On another visit they didn't have the OEM filter so they went to a parts store to get an aftermarket one which was wrong capacity and caused an overfill so back again and another long ride .

Overfill and wrong oil so back at shop to have that and the AC looked at again because they put dye in it at last dealership...oil change was done on July 21st, car in shop on the 27th, and then check engine light came on on the 6th of August. Kind of wondering if it's all related this past 2 shop visits. Sad when I just want to keep a tent in the car for how many times I've had to be at the dealerships 

Just curious, but how did you find out it was the wrong oil..was it described on the work order? People should always check the work order before they leave the dealer and once your free oil changes end..find a trusted mechanic and have them do it with their own oil or oil you purchase...everyone with a car should find a good and trusted mechanic/garage and stick with them..after a while they get to know your car and in most cases you have face time with the person doing the actual work and can specify your preferences or concerns eg: greasing the hub face when rotating tires or checking this or that.

Described on work order. My maintenance for this car goes to 45,0000 miles not the usual because of the issues, Chevy gave me a choice when the transmission went out of either free onstar for 6 more months but the basic no nav, already was paying for onstar for full package so no use, $500 in accessories which my car is zombies out so no thanks don't want GM plastered everywhere, or extend my free maintenance which is what I choose thinking I was going to have this car for that long.   From the oil change to back in shop was only 6 days so I didn't think about looking at work orders at all. 

the car is still at the dealership.. They are trying to claim no leak but for the past 3 weeks they have had me come in for a recharge of the AC system so it's going someplace. I had a sit down with the general manager and the service manager and now because legal is involved, they claim they have to talk to their local legal rep before deciding what to do on the AC so it may just got broken despite the warranties and being covered. The dealership has had my car 4 days now and up until they meeting, they hadn't even touched my car so just storing it. They asked for the loaner back and gave me a worse loaner because it's a gas guzzler. I fought on that because the other loaner they left me 1/4 of a tank and wrote 3/4 on my agreement so I filled it to 3/4 and then next day they wanted me to bring it in to switch out. 

• 1 month later...