goodbye spark .. I'll miss you

sadly this car has become a safety concern for me.. not the car itself but the other careless and dangerous drivers.. 2 road rage incidents (one spitting on the car one trying to run me off the road and kicking in my car door) one terrible accident (that was only a side swipe and was $300 short of totaling a 6 month old car had it been a t-bone I probably wouldnt have survived) and numerous they didnt see me and it could have been really bad moments. I love this car have put a ton of freaking man hours into it making it the most awesome spark out there but.. it's too small and they just dont take it seriously.. tomorrow it's being traded for a 16 trax for the misses to drive and i'm taking over her sonic sedan.. something new to play with but i'm really going to miss the spark and I hate that theres so many fu*ktards out there that I have to do this, plus I'm eating about $3500 of negative equity in the trade.. *siiiigh* I'll check in every now and then but any questions or concerns join the facebook spark forum group I'll always be there.. 

#RIP

Skids...Sorry to see you go! However, I do have a feeling that there is more to this decision & "eating about $3500" for a perfectly good car that you seem to be happy with the way it performs etc...Road rage is not usually car specific and the Sparks I have come across while driving are as visible as any other, specially the red and green ones...At any rate I wish you happy, road rage free driving in the Sonic. BTW, sometimes while driving my Rover and in a hurry I use the well over 500hp to full advantage and sometimes get the finger, horn or window shouts...but that's not the car, it's the driver..me...OK..'Nuff said on that....Keep in touch..K?

thanks guys .. after the last road rage thing i was scared to drive around in it (PTSD??) it super noticeable no there one out there that looks like mine and with the crazy f*ck still out there waiting to see me in it again. I was driving around with weapons in the car for protection. getting into to a road rage battle in a land rover that can actually crash into another and survive or has enough power to evade the other car is a whole different ball game. I know how easily this guy can take damage and become undriveable with no way to get away. I loved my spark and you guys know that I had one of the good ones without issues but I wouldn't drive it .. It really does suck but last night I was finally able to sleep easy with out worrying about some psycho trying to kill me in my car. I did drive the trax around for the day yesterday and it drives really nice, plenty of power, which surprised me having the sonic with the same engine and everything. trax is a bit bigger (taller etc, I haven't compared weight yet) different drive ratio but seemed just as quick but more powerful (torque-y). only thing i didnt like is the font lip/airdam on it is super low. lower than the sonic with had a plastic airdam that scraps on every driveway. its an LS trax not sure if the other models differ or AWD is higher. 10 minutes in and pulled up too far in the parking space and almost pulled the rubber part underneath off lol. its a rubber pieces so you dont hear it scrape. its all scratched up but I just pushed it back into place. seems like its an easily removed and replaced part. but for an "SUV" its ground clearance is pretty terrible.

I have to say since I got the spark other drivers seem to tailgate me more when driving the spark  not in the truck though I've had people pass me only to slow down in front of me after passing it must be a small car thing there e a lot of rude drivers out there 

16 hours ago, Skids said:

thanks guys .. after the last road rage thing i was scared to drive around in it (PTSD??) it super noticeable no there one out there that looks like mine and with the crazy f*ck still out there waiting to see me in it again. I was driving around with 'stuff' in the car for protection. getting into to a road rage battle in a land rover that can actually crash into another and survive or has enough power to evade the other car is a whole different ball game. I know how easily this guy can take damage and become undriveable with no way to get away. I loved my spark and you guys know that I had one of the good ones without issues but I wouldn't drive it .. It really does suck but last night I was finally able to sleep easy with out worrying about some psycho trying to kill me in my car....[Snipped&Stuff]

Ya Skids..Now that you explained it..I get your drift...Those kinda things can be a lasting issue...Your Spark was one that had no issues and I'm sorry you had to trade it for a reason like that. I also know how crazy things can get out your way and on the roads...so a little xtra money can buy some peace of mind.... Totally understand and more comfortable than wearing a vest and carrying 'stuff'. Happy trails with the new Trax and the Sonic as well...K?

Edited by Retired old Gearhead
  • 7 months later...
On 8/1/2016 at 6:09 PM, Skids said:

never seemed to get tailgated but a lot switching lanes in front of me or merging into me.. never happens in the truck. lol

stay safe out there guys

Funny now that you mention it, I noticed that tool. Rude drivers seem to cut in front of small cars much more than a big truck. Be safe out there y'all Spark drivers..

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 4:52 PM, spark2014 said:

I have to say since I got the spark other drivers seem to tailgate me more when driving the spark  not in the truck though I've had people pass me only to slow down in front of me after passing it must be a small car thing there e a lot of rude drivers out there 

I noticed that the first day I owned my Spark. Whole lines of cars pass me just to put me behind them like some sort of automotive pecking order when I drive the same speeds as I do with my truck and never experienced that phenomenon. Also pulling right out in front of me from a dead stop so I have to brake and downshift while they take their own sweet time getting up to speed.  I always try to get a look at the driver and make a mental note of what they are driving and surprisingly the majority seem to be women in SUV's. I was actually expecting the majority to be men trying to prove that their dick was bigger than mine. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2017 at 2:26 PM, Fire Spark said:

I always try to get a look at the driver and make a mental note of what they are driving and surprisingly the majority seem to be women in SUV's. 

:drool:

Women used to be the more considerate drivers in the 20th century. Not any more, especially the younger ones. It is just our evolving cultural changes.