Steering Wheel Removal // Cruise Control Conversion

So, I have a Spark LS, and I wanted to remove the steering wheel and replace it with the LT version so that I can use the cruise control switch on the LT wheel instead of drilling a hole for a Cruise Control "lever".
I'm having major issues with taking the old wheel off, is there any tool that will fit the Spark? I bought a universal tool and broke it :/

Also, what is the layout for the wires of the cruise control and how can I set this up? The Spark has two wires, my cruise control kit has 6. 

The computer controls all electrical. If its not programmed in the computer then it won't work unless the programming gets changed. Thus, you add factory cruise using the existing wiring but the computer won't recognize it because its not in its programming and therefore it won't work. This allows them to use the same programming in all Sparks but only turn on the options needed for that particular car.

19 hours ago, TwinkieBattleship said:

What do you mean by flashing the cruise control to the car?

exactly what ray said. Some cars have all the wiring already there, just not the buttons.

By doing some research you can find out if the wiring for steering wheel controls is already existing in the car. And if the wires are already there you most likely can get the steering wheel with all the controls and have the dealer "activate" them on the car's computer.

If I had a ls I would go out and take it apart to figure it out for ya. but mine already has the stuff so I can't be much help.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...