Question about kicker speakers replacement

How many of you guys have replaced the factory speakers with the kicker ks40 and the Ks46 and how long have you had them ? I'm getting mine tomorrow and even though I was told before that the 7" touch screen mylink head unit will handle the ks40 being 4ohms when the old speakers were 8ohms I'm still scared of installing them . Would it be a bad idea to wire the two front speakers in a series to equal an 8ohm load and lose the ability to adjust left and right in sound settings . And would it sound bad if I did that. Sorry I just do not want to blow my head unit a year down the road . I wish I could find an official answer if the front channel supports 4ohm and Chevy just used 8ohm to save money . Thanks for any input on the issue.

2014 spark 2LT

I have had mine hooked up for over 3 years. My first set of fronts one started to make a noise like rubbing voice coil. So I ordered a new pair and replaced them both. After I replaced them I noted the distorted very easy but the broke in pretty quick. I just faded to the rest a little more for a while. You could do the same because of the ohm load is great which is really more watts.

You will need to add the sub as the 4" stink by them selves.

honestly if your that worried about it, just leave the factory speakers in there...your never going to find the official answer you want to hear because Chevy's(and every other manufacture's) stance is that their system is perfect as designed and everything/anything aftermarket is terrible.

I would never wire the two the speakers in series just to increase the impedance, having one side hooked up is going to sound bad, too much of today music is recorded in stereo (well pretty much all of it) and some parts of the music are either only on one side or the other ( for instance lead guitar may be mostly on the right channel and lead guitar may mostly be on the left channel) not to mention, having a channel not hooked up to anything at all can definitely damage an amplifier (especially one that is built so poorly it cant handle a 4 ohm load)

also if your that worried about it, you could even get a 4 ohm "dummy load" resistor to wire to each speaker in series to drop it down(or would it be to "raise it up") to 8 ohms (keep in mind that they will probably need some kind of sink setup as they will get very hot

then again, you can just do what every other person has done and just use regular speakers.

Edited by 1LoudLS