2015 spark nothing but problems only 15,000 miles

First the cvt transmission recall-not only did it have the rough shifting, but went completely out as in computer didn't reconize, I even had transmission. Fixed that, took back a month later cause it was still not shifting right, dealership said it was fine. Now when the A/C is on, the engine loses power as in I can't accelerate on the interstate, the Rpms go to 4-5 and then it will lurch and the a/c makes noises and kicks in and the car moves.. Took to dealership who claims they can't find anything wrong and no codes popping up, but when the transmission went out, no codes popped up until the car couldn't be moved. The A/c isn't getting cold either and is blowing cold and hot air. Contacted Chevy and GM to file complaints. Not even a year of owning this car, and it's in the shop all the time. Chevy suggested I take it to another dealership to see... First dealership only drove the car 3 miles so couldn't tell. The one service agent did say from pulling it from the parking lot into the garage he could tell something was wrong. Not a happy camper, paying payments on a car that isn't realiable at all, and told to live with it. And taking time off work to take it to more dealerships and such.

I feel your pain. I had a run around like this recently that lasted 4 months.

They never believed/couldnt replicate the high rpms.

If you have a passenger in yhe car, try to get them to film it when its doing it. I know this is a pain in the ass, (and one dealer told me to film it myself, eventhough using the phone for anythif while driving here is illegal)

Have a video of it acting normally, then a video of it not. And if anything else, open a case with GM. If you already have one, ask to be escalated to their supervisor. I think i went through 4 escalations before they finally had a tech at the dealership and the service people on the phone with chevy tech support.

Something went weird with the recall and my transmission. They ended up replacing the whole transmission.

It was getting "stuck" in a gear and revving very high (3-4k where normally mine hangs around 2k) it was also having trouble getting up to speed randomly.

These issues did not happen with the a/c on, because i was having such trouble with it on without the a/c on, and i didnt want to add another variable to the mix.

(To get a better idea of the problems i had i posted in several different threads about it and started at least one. Ill find the links. But you can find them in my post history. )

With the recall, my transmission actually went out, like the computer didn't reconize I had a transmission, no P,D,R,N showed up at all and the car wouldn't move. Got that fixed. Took it back a month later and they dealership said its normal cause I still had issues.... New dealership called me today and said they have already contacted Chevy and to keep the loaner... Not a good sign. I asked what do they think it is and he said well for the fact I'm telling you to keep the loaner means we found something. They are thinking either the engine is bad or the transmission is bad again... 3 times for the transmission if it is bad in 10 months of owning the car. Chevy has escalated it to a top supervisor, getting upset cause I can't move without my car cause I'm not leaving it here to be worked on while I move out of state. Plus the gas I've put in loaners this month is more than I spend all month on the spark.

Got car back, dealerships solution... Don't drive with AC on because it shuts itself off during a heavy load, i.e. Driving on the interstate and that's normal. Said they can't find anything wrong-totally different than what they said yesterday. At this rate; I'm about to let the bank have it and just have the repo on my record. Chevy has said said they are escalating more than just a supervisor but also letting the internal investigations know as well since I've had so many problems.

That can't be normal... i know when it gets well above 100, like pushing 110 is wgen i start having issues getting the AC to cool down the car, but shutting off? That's just not something i thunk thry arr suppose to do.

Maybe retired gearhead will see this thread, hes pretty good with yhe workings of these cars.

Got car back, dealerships solution... Don't drive with AC on because it shuts itself off during a heavy load, i.e. Driving on the interstate and that's normal. Said they can't find anything wrong-totally different than what they said yesterday. At this rate; I'm about to let the bank have it and just have the repo on my record. Chevy has said said they are escalating more than just a supervisor but also letting the internal investigations know as well since I've had so many problems.

That can't be normal... i know when it gets well above 100, like pushing 110 is wgen i start having issues getting the AC to cool down the car, but shutting off? That's just not something i thunk thry arr suppose to do.

Maybe retired gearhead will see this thread, hes pretty good with yhe workings of these cars.

Well, first off Flygrl, don't wreck your credit rating by a repo. These CVT tranny's can be fixed but it's kinda hard for the techs as it is anew design that has a lot of electronic/sensor control as well as mechanical..the added gearbox on this unit is basically a standard auto tranny attached to the CVT and is used primarily to get the car moving like a first gear and overdrive to extend the gear range from 5 to 7..has some other functions as well..but the design is different than any other CVT Jatco makes. What they said about the A/C turning off under load is partially true but in general it should supply cold air as you cruise the highway or city. Keep speaking to & emailing GM HQ...be a thorn in their side and you will get results..whether a new tranny or engine or car..quite a few others have done this and always have gotten results..yup..a total pain but this is the best course of action..I imagine you started with the GM customer service rep and keep dealing with the same rep or another if assigned and don't let up but space your emails so they have a chance to respond and eventually will order a dealership to fix or replace at the cost of GM..a replace of the CVT is usually the cheapest route when you have these multiple issues on a unit not familiar to techs...but don't do the repo thing as that will hang over your head for a long time and effect any financial decisions even another car unless it is cash..also insurance etc..It will be fixed if you are logical and don't fly off the handle just make sure you have a case # and a rep..a CVT replacement is a nothing expense for GM to keep a customer....'Nuff said and good luck ..keep us in the loop..K?...OH..BTW..The A/C is not working as it should because of the CVT issue taking all the load..your RPM's are probably way too low at any or some given speed and that little motor does not produce any power until it gets over 3,000 RPM..like it should be when you drive at 70-75++. If you can tell me what your RPM's are at various speeds I can tell you what's happening or wrong but not how to fix this complex unit (Jatco-v7) ..K?

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

Trying to get past 30 mph, the Rpms are at 4-5 at most times for awhile then the car lurches and it drops and the AC pours out hot air. If the car isn't moving at all, the Rpms are usually at 1-2. And crap 70, that isn't happening if the AC is on at all; there's not enough power to get that fast barely 60 if the AC is on. I have to crank the AC to 3-4 if the weather is above 80 to get any air out. The car usually runs in the 4-6 range for Rpms. I've had a few reps since I've been dealing with the transmission recall since Feb. the car has been taking in 3 different times now all cause the CVT. It's so bad, I'm trying to move and my car may be left here so it can get fixed because I can't rely on a new car to move with. I shouldn't have to leave a new car 8 hours from where I am moving to just so the problem, I've been telling them about since last Feb won't get fixed. It's going to get me killed cause it won't accelerate to interstate speeds and I have to take the interstate to leave my town cause that's the only option. to get to 60 the pedal is down all the way. Chevy has extended my warranty out for the first recall because they have never had a transmission go completely out just rough shiftiness, mine went go completely out so they did the reset and "it's fine" now

Cause Chevy roadside assistance is a joke... Left me stranded for 2 hours then told me because I had a passenger and the tow truck driver could only take one of us, they have to charge me for them to come out and get my passenger or call people at midnight so she could get a ride home. Then they told me if they have to tow more than 12 miles it's a charge to me as well. Which is why I can't risk taking my car with me when I move at this point because there isn't always dealerships within 12 miles. This is why my warranty got extended. First new car ever bought and it's been a nightmare since they did the transmission reset.

OK girlie flygrl..I fly as well..well only smaller stuff now that I am retired like twin turbos or single piston poppers..I was military heli and commercial jet up to 747..ok 'nuff about that.. First off your RPM's are WAY INCORRECT for your given speed..sounds like the secondary box is not passing off the gear to the CVT...So all I can say with the info you have given is that your CVT unit needs replacement or a serious electronic/hardware fix..Tough spot you are in with the move but keep the GM dialogue intact and it will be resolved..mention your move and request a dealer to take the car while you drive a GM subsidized loaner and you do not want to see your car again until it is fixed...Take some snips from this forum and include in the email..public exposure helps a huge amount and shows you are not alone...K?

Thanks... The GM case person was supposed to call me back today and nothing. Last 3 days left messages and nothing. They told me she had an appointment with me today and yep my phone has been on and working and still nothing

Soooo.... Sat around waiting for GM to call cause they made the appointment and no call. 2nd time this supervisor has not called and won't return calls. I'm about to get a lawyer involved because this is nuts. I have missed classes and activities because of waiting on them

.onight the customer service set up an appointment today to call me because I've been trying to get ahold of my supervisor on the case for last 3 days to follow-up, left messages...nothing... today appointment=nothing because they didn't even call. The appointment times she set up to call between the hours of 5-8 cdt, the office is closed at 8 eastern time... So canceled my stuff for no reason.

Case has been escalated up to district manager at Chevy as well as technical engineers

Nice work Flygrl! Nothing harder and more frustrating than dealing with bureaucracy and red tape be it Gov't or big corp...You chipped away at it and now looks like you have the attention of the right people. District manager is a hands on type of thing that carries pressure on him from GM HQ to get this resolved properly and now he will put pressure on a dealership to talk to the technical engineers and follow their instructions..no big deal for them to do, but it means a lot to getting your issues resolved so they can keep a customer as well as keeping this off the forums that many potential and current customers read and rely on before a purchase...Yup..

Got a call back and Chevy can't get a hold of any district managers to resolve my problem... She mentioned loaner again so I said ok let me call my insurance company to see how that works with me having a loaner long term taking it out of town, and she was very persistent I don't call them which is odd. I don't want to take some strange car that isn't mine that I'm paying for out of town without knowing if my insurance will cover it if damaged. I'm giving my parents all the info and the stuff on my car in case I get killed in my pos spark so they can sue if needed. The lady tried to tell me to go ahead this weekend and drive 8 hours in 100 degree weather and no air. Why again, am I paying for this car? I have had used cars 20+ years older without these problems.

Take the loaner and leave the Spark with the dealer and don't take it back until it's fixed..not safe and sooner or later it will be fixed or tranny replaced. That way the car will be in place when help from HQ comes as they probably will call that dealer and you won't have to drive around to dealers any more...as far as the loaner..if it was someone from GM authorizing it..you will be driving under their blanket insurance, so I wouldn't turn that down since it will probably speed up action on your Spark repair as you now have their loaner 'hostage' until the Spark is fixed. I had a problem with a GM Impala some time back and just left it at the dealer saying I would not pick up the car until it was fixed..also got a loaner and I think that prompted them to get that unit fixed ASAP by calling their tech support line and fixing it knowing that they would be short one loaner until it was done.

She said now the loaner may not be an option because the dealership may not have one. Also the loaners have a miles limit. My last loaner from them I was only allowed to drive 200 miles for the 4 days I have it. I'm leaving Friday for out of town, the 8 hours so I need a car with unlimited miles. And the loaners I have been getting from them are gas guzzlers to the point I wont be able to go on this trip like big cars or trucks, they don't have any of the small compacts as loaners

Called a lemon law attorney who is looking into the case now. Like ok done playing phone tag or not getting phone calls in return. Chevy was supposed to call me back this morning and nothing. Drove my car for 20 mins with the air on 2 and not only did it do the transmission thing but it's 85 degrees on the inside of the car.