Yes that's normal , depending on the type of driving you do . It might drop 10% every 1000 miles. You drove around 2700 miles since buying it . All this will vary based on a bunch of factors the computer uses to determine what it deems optimal oil change frequency .

• 1 month later...

Does the Spark follow a different oil change cycle or something? I've always replaced my oil between 5-6k miles for synthetic and 3k for conventional. I'll be replacing my oil once I reach1k miles for the engine break in period, but after that I'll probably replace at 6k with synthetic oil. 

51 minutes ago, og8790 said:

Does the Spark follow a different oil change cycle or something? I've always replaced my oil between 5-6k miles for synthetic and 3k for conventional. I'll be replacing my oil once I reach1k miles for the engine break in period, but after that I'll probably replace at 6k with synthetic oil. 

Nope..same as all internal combustion engines. With the new LV7-1.4 in your unit as in the earlier. I find the 'oil life monitor' on the DIC (see owners manual) to be very accurate and I change my synthetic usually around 7>7,500mi which has the oil life at about 10%. BTW...good practice is what you are doing with a new car.. first oil & filter at 1K or less.