Long story short, I am prior military, real hard of hearing so the stereo has to be loud. I also own 2 restaurants and have to lay down the rear seats to do runs to pick up ingredients ect. about 4-5 days a week.(yes the back is 100% full) (yes I know I need a truck or van) (working with what i've got) This being said, in or out of the kitchen, music pretty much gets me through the day. As I am sure all of you are aware, the stock system is the worst thing in history. I have done some switches already to the stock speakers, switching to the kickers all around. Night and day difference from what it once was. However, I'm wanting to improve the bass. I have been all over online trying to find a custom sub enclosure that will use as little "trunk" space as possible, to allow me to continue to do what I have to until I find another means of transport. I Looked into building my own in the spare wheel well but I don't want boxes to sit on the speaker. I looked into building a box that fits snug on the right side of the trunk, but it will still go about 9" into the space to allow enough room for the 1728 cubic inches of air space for the speaker. I've also looked into the under the seat full enclosed subs but there is so many options I'm stuck suggestions please. help.

I'm sure you have looked at my build with the Kicker hideaway. That metal casing is very strong and I set stuff on it all the time. For me I just put a small towel down on it before hand. Also try not to set it directly on the sub grill.

The only other way would be to have a custom ported sub with the port coming thru the false floor that would be built.

when I designed this build, being able to sit stuff on the floor on top of it was in the plan since day one as SpaceCowboy always has a couple of heavy bags full of tools that sit on top of it.

since there is so much space under the floor that is wasted by all that foam instead of a usable tire, I cant see wanting anything that would take up even more space up on top. low, hidden, and completely out of the way is the only way to go!

http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/3749-8-kicker-l7-with-kicker-ix5002-in-spare-tire-cavity/

not to mention, this box was a lot more complicated than it needed to be, it could be made a lot simpler if needed to be, but as we are both installers, we figured a little showing off never hurt in our line of business.

Edited by 1LoudLS