aaaugie

does anyone like the cvt?

53 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, Bobby MSME said:

Yes indeed the CVT has a 2 speed gear box as far as I know, and it attempts to change gears at about 40mph. My 2017 does the exact same thing. I usually do not notice it since I drive like there is an egg between the gas pedal and my foot :lol:

Do you (or anyone else) notice this more in winter? I figure when a transmission is still cold it might sound like a harsher shift than when its warmed up? I noticed it last summer when I bought the car, but it seems like the shift is slightly louder when you're in a cold start on a winter morning.

I suppose this is not a question for the many people here who live in Florida.

On 3/25/2018 at 9:35 AM, sparkto said:

Do you (or anyone else) notice this more in winter? I figure when a transmission is still cold it might sound like a harsher shift than when its warmed up? I noticed it last summer when I bought the car, but it seems like the shift is slightly louder when you're in a cold start on a winter morning.

I suppose this is not a question for the many people here who live in Florida.

You are right about those of us living in places like Florida with practically no cold weather. The car behaves the same all year round. But A/C in the car is a necessity.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, Bobby MSME said:

You are right about those of us living in places like Florida with practically no cold weather. The car behaves the same all year round. But A/C in the car is a necessity.

Its slightly more noticeable on a very cold start, but then again any transmission would probably need some warm up time when it gets below certain temps. This past winter wasn't particularly bitter cold here, but it has certainly lingered around until April.

I'm just glad its a feature and not a bug, I haven't had any problems with the transmission what-so-ever, it just takes getting used to two step CVT, it is an experience I never had with any other vehicle.

P.S. the only thing I don't like about Ontario is how much salt they pour down. When I lived in Manitoba, it could certainly get a grade colder there than here, but they used sand. Vehicles never really rust there. I wished more locations would use sand, salt just corrodes everything.