I just got my chevy spark 2016 Im new to the forum! I've started doing little mods like front plate and exhaust slip on tip just for looks I guess. Im scared to add any performance mods due to voiding the warrenty at the moment. I couldnt find any Air Intake for this car yet or any performance parts so Im kinda waiting on that still.

Mods that will be done

Amp and Sub already have installed check

K & N Air Filter $(55) waiting to pay down credit cards before that. 

Cruise Control ($600) cruise control might be next for this car..

Sun Roof ($1000)

Rims ($650)

carbon fiber Inside Vinyl wrap inside was just thinking by the speakers and by the handles cost and around the radio cost ???

Top of the front window to be tinted.

green neon lights

HID or Fog Light Addon

Performance Mods

Air Intake, think I'm not gonna do this for a while since the parts arnt even out yet for this car.

Exhaust tip was 20 bucks. gives it a little different sound. 

Dyno Tune,

green.jpeg

image1.JPG

Edited by Sophia Nicole Pifher
update

Welcome to the forum Sophia!..Looks like you are an ambitious and knowledgeable car person. I suggest you put the performance mods on the back burner for now since these small engines are pretty well peaked out and with all the e-control modules you will get into some issues without increasing performance..lots of threads on this site about that sorta thing...Unlike conventional engines these units do not gain by air or fuel mods..not like adding a bigger cfm carb to a old school V8. I like what you have done so far and I also like your plans for the upgrades...Best performance deal is to use a good quality synthetic oil and if the car is new..replace the oil after the first 500 to 1K miles to get rid of the factory shavings..Keep us up to date..K?

Hi Sophia and welcome!

I'm also a new member and I recently purchased a 2016 Spark LS Manual. The main reason I'm replying is that I just had a cruise control kit installed. I purchased the Rostra 250-9619 (250-9618 automatic) from Amazon for just over $240 and had a local shop install it for $80.00. It's basically plug & play except for one hot wire. I was going to install it myself, but couldn't figure out how to remove the steering column cover without destroying it, or even worse, messing up one of the airbags.

Anyways, it works like a charm!!

And, I wish you the best on your mods!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like that console as well!

I recently purchased a black 2016 2 LT 5speed and really love this little car. What a fun and comfortable car to drive!

I just ordered some fatmat to put in the trunk to reduce the bit of road noise from the rear. It's not bad at all just want to see how much quieter it will get.

here's the link to the center console you do have to drill into the cup holder so be careful. it's pretty secure it doesn't hardly move just make sure you get the front and he back screws in https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Storage-Console-Armrest-Interface/dp/B01DEX97K8

did the fatmat help any?

as well I did get my sub installed get a little bit more bump from the back since the LS doesn't have rear speakers I would of went to the lt if I knew that.. but it's 300 watts had it professionally installed sub was from previous car I bought it at garage sale for 25 bucks the kit was 20 at Walmart and installion cause me 60. still tweaking the sub but it sounds pretty good for a off brand bass knob does not work :/

https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RVB8-1A-Powered-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B00IR35PYS

Edited by Sophia Nicole Pifher
On 7/10/2016 at 8:47 AM, Wub2Dub said:

Still waiting on support from EFILive or HPTuners. Then I would say the way to go would be Bad News Racing. Any performance mods really aren't going to see any benefit without a tune.

BNR can do 2013-2015 Sparks. I had mine done a few months ago and I love it. I have both a 87 tune and 93 tune. Dyno numbers to come. Will also be adding an AEM intake and second muffler delete while replacing the first muffler with a FM DBX series unit.

26 minutes ago, b00duh said:

I'd love to see what numbers it puts up with a tune and some mods.  From what I understand, it's not so much the power that has big gains, but the throttle response is a zillion times better.

Correct! Myself and one other are the only BNR tuned Sparks as of right now. Jerry from BNR estimated over 100hp. My 93 tune is set to 80% maxed out on the injectors, give me a good amount of GO and MPG.

It's also a race between the two of us to turbo a Spark.

Edited by ANewSpark
11 minutes ago, ANewSpark said:

Correct! Myself and one other are the only BNR tuned Sparks as of right now. It's also a race between the two of us to turbo a Spark.

Wow.  I'm assuming you would have to swap the pistons out for lower compression pistons, correct?  With a 10.5:1 compression in stock form, you would probably want to play it safe and swap those out.  I'd love to do a supercharged spark.  I had a supercharged subaru and it was a riot to drive.  

• 2 weeks later...

Anything is possible for the right money...but in my opinion a turbo would need a complete engine and electronic sensor and vvt timing etc redo. 10.5:1 is too high for a turbo and I am pretty sure that a more powerful engine driveline would be more practical and cheaper/less work..that or head shave on the OEM engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/4/2016 at 0:32 AM, Fideon said:

Posting in thread because also interested in performance mods for Spark NG

First of all, I'd like to get rid of the HORRENDOUS throttle lag. These damn Electronically Controlled Throttles!!!

Also, y'all seen this RSCHIP stuff? Whaddaya think? http://rschipus.com/catalog/Chevrolet/Spark/1.4i/99915869

Waste of money.  What are you expecting to gain with 84 hp?

On 11/15/2016 at 2:19 AM, Sophia Nicole Pifher said:

I got the k and n air filter I have to say it does help out a little bit more better acceleration not sure about any more horsepower might be pressing 100 horses now.  Sounds better when I got the gad pretty hard

^without a tune you won't benefit from a K&N filter other than you won't have to replace it because you can clean it.

Edited by SpaceCowboy
On 11/21/2016 at 3:12 PM, ANewSpark said:

Talk to Jerry at BNR for a real tune guys! He's the best in the biz.

Got my 2013 on a dyno finally, 95hp! I need to open up the exhaust, retune and get back on the dyno.

Got my AEM intake installed, feels better at higher RPMs.

Nice!  I was looking at doing the intake headers and exhaust, but not sure how it'll sound with the CVT.  Really wish I got a manual transmission, but since I have to share with the family I was stuck.  Lol.  Was it an etune you got done?

Edited by b00duh
28 minutes ago, b00duh said:

Nice!  I was looking at doing the intake headers and exhaust, but not sure how it'll sound with the CVT.  Really wish I got a manual transmission, but since I have to share with the family I was stuck.  Lol.  Was it an etune you got done?

I was given the price of $200-300 for headers from a local custom auto fab shop, still deciding on exhaust. I have a 5spd it makes it way more fun to drive. There is no tune for the trans, but if you go to the dealer and get a reflash for the trans i guess it makes it shift better. When you pay for the tune from BNR you also get the handheld to load tunes on and do logging. You send files back and forth the Jerry until the tune is to your liking.