Hello,

I just purchased a new-to-me 2014 Spark a couple of weeks ago and that's about all I can take of the factory sound system. I have the 6-speaker system with MyLink but the stock system is pitifully bad. I'm planning to upgrade the system but have some questions. I apologize if they have been asked before. I've tried searching but didn't come up with anything relevant unless I missed it.

Budget is my biggest factor at the moment, so I'll likely start off with upgrading the stock speakers. I know the Kicker brand seems to be the most suggested because they are compatible with the oddly sized/shaped rear speakers, but its there an adapter or bracket of some sort that will allow a standard sized speaker to fit there? If I could, I'd probably prefer a different brand.

Next step would be to add a subwoofer. I'm definitely a fan of bluer101's sub install but that is a bit more DIY than I'd prefer. Could I do it myself? Probably, but I'd rather pay someone to DIForme.

Eventually, someday, maybe I'd like to replace the factory head unit. I know that some of the cars settings can be controlled through the factory unit, so I'm assuming I'd lose the ability to change those, correct? What would I be missing out on?

Thanks!

lots of manufacturers make 4" (front) and 4"x6" (rear) speakers and basically theyll all fit. I'm running clarions cheaper that kickers and sound better in my opinion too. i fit 6.5" in the rear by just lining up holes and drilling an extra hole in the speaker surround frame and 5.25" in the front by cutting the holes bigger. take a little skill and some power tools but not much.

I am running Pioneer 4" up front and 4"x6" in the rear with a Rockford Fosgate 12" powered sub in the back. I teed off the back speakers for the high level inputs for the sub. Its not recessed and does take up a huge chunk in the back but it sure sounds good. I had no intentions of putting something that big back there but I got a really good deal on it.

The reason i chose the Pioneer's were because they were on sale. No other reason but I have been incredibly happy with the whole setup.

we chose to go with pioneer TS-D series speakers for SpaceCowboy's build. with the exception of 2 pairs of 4" speakers (since they didn't offer 4x6" in the D series) and they were pretty much a direct bolt in with a cheap plastic speaker adapter we ordered at the same time. the only thing odd about the fronts was we reused the plastic cups around the OEM speakers but because of a slight clearance issue with the terminals, we had to use a heat gun to bubble it out just a bit in one spot. even just off of the OEM touch scream, it sounds extremely good, with great clarity. the gets bumped up to phenomenal when you factor in the 8" subwoofer to handle all the lows.

Edited by 1LoudLS