engine cooling issues

Hi,

I purchased a 2013 Chevy Spark for my daughter back in March. A month ago a code 82 started showing up on the digital readout. Check the owner's manual check the oil everything was fine. Oil change not due for another 2,000 miles. Last week the engine started overheating in code 82 was the only indicator coming up. When I checked under the hood again I just happened to check the overflow tank and it was empty. Took it to the dealer who replaced the overflow tank, that was only 2 days ago. Came home this evening to find a puddle under my daughter's car and the coolant overflow tank empty again. Not very happy at this point considering we haven't even had the car for 4 months. Based on other information I've been looking at this is a very common problem with the Chevy Spark. Is Chevy not aware of this issue?

Code 82 is just the oil life meter at zero. Whoever changed it last didn't reset it. It isn't related to the overheating issue. The overflow tank is a known issue with these cars. I am sure Chevy is aware of it but as far as I know they haven't made a change to the tank. I do know it is very easy to change out so if anything when they do fail its an easy fix.