2014 LT @ 36k mi for $11k vs. 2013 Chevy Spark @ 52k mi for $7000

Heyyyyy!!

Looking at the above two, what can you tell me regarding maintenance and these prices at those mileages? I don't know the trim spec for the 2013. I just know they're both automatics.

I know how to fix a car, just looking to get something that will require little attention and that's automatic for the gf.

Looks like the pre 100k maintenance schedule is pretty basic. Biggest job appears to be spark plugs, lol. These things have timing chains?

Thanks!

My opinion is to have her drive both and see which one she will like, if any.

2014 has the cvt, 2013 is a 4sp auto, they don't drive the same.

2014 Lt with that mileage is a bit on the high side also.

Edited by Mr.tozzi

Sparks are low maintenance if you go by the book , that said , I over maintain mine . Easy way to tell the trim level on the 13 is first look at the wheels , if they are silver then it's either a LS or LT1. LT Sparks have the big touch screen my link system . If it has heated leatherette seats and fog lamps then it is a LT2 . Hard to gauge the price without knowing the trim level . Either way check to be sure all recalls were done . I have a 13 LT2 automatic . Given a choice I prefer CVT transmissions , had them for years and love them .

14 you have a cvt transmission versus the 13 "regular" automatic. the 13 did have a few more problems and issues/recalls compared to the 14 but should have all been fixed by now. thats your main differences other than that virtually the same unless different trim levels. I go with who ever the driver was regardless of mile, little old lady babying it with high miles over teenager abusing it with low miles if you get my drift.