How do I remove the lower steering column trim?

I have a 2016 Spark LS manual and I recently purchased a Rostra cruise control kit. But, I'll be damned if I can figure out how to remove the lower steering column trim. I assume I need to remove it in order to install the cruise switch.

I found a screw on the bottom. Also, I noticed when I turn the steering wheel, I see two "tabs" but that's it.

If anyone can provide assistance I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

-mike

Edited by denware

I do agree about being careful and thank you for the warning. The more I look at the install, the more I feel I should find an aftermarket store to install it because my dealership won't.

One thing I will say about the Rostra kit is that it is very simple to install. I've located all of the places where I need to make the connections, but the steering column cover is my only challenge.

And, just in case anyone is curious that I didn't get an LT, it's because I got a great price on the LS. It was marked down to $9,999.00. And, since it's just a commuter car, I felt that an LS would meet my needs. But, I do want cruise control because I can't drive at a constant speed on the highway. I've caught myself driving any where from 60 to 75 MPH :)

• 2 weeks later...

I did see the location of the screws that you mentioned behind the steering wheel, but they had tabs over them and couldn't figure out how to "pop" the tabs without breaking something. The tabs were connected to the upper steering column cover. I did try to pry one of them just a bit, but stopped since I really didn't know what the heck I was doing.

Anyways, since I didn't want to mess anything up, I called around and found a shop that installed it for me for $80.00. I couldn't pass that up since it would prevent me from cussing up a storm if I tried to install it myself :)