Steering wobble at 115/120 kilometres an hour

Thanks for the replies.

After a day of changing wheels round, driving around... Again and again with different combinations. I seem to have sorted it.

Checking all the wheels... it seems that 2 wheels are not true. Ie buckled for want of a better phrase! The joys of cheap steel rims...

After over 7500km something tells me Chevy won't be so forth coming in replacing said wheels under warranty...

I will be getting the tie rod ends checked with the dealership as well.

Thanks Gearhead and Skids.

Thanks for the replies.

After a day of changing wheels round, driving around... Again and again with different combinations. I seem to have sorted it.

Checking all the wheels... it seems that 2 wheels are not true. Ie buckled for want of a better phrase! The joys of cheap steel rims...

After over 7500km something tells me Chevy won't be so forth coming in replacing said wheels under warranty...

I will be getting the tie rod ends checked with the dealership as well.

Thanks Gearhead and Skids.

Nope!..Wheels that are out-of-round is a manufacture/parts defect and should be a Warranty item. The more your wheels shake and bounce the faster those tie rod ends are gonna go..and although the ends themselves are cheap..labor is not and will also need a expensive wheel realignment. The dealer has a unit they can use to check out of round wheels and tires at the same time.

• 11 months later...

Nothing will make the car run vibration/wobble/pulling etc free than a good set of quality tires,

assuming of course the wheel rims are in good shape. Once I skidded into a huge roadside rock during a snowy/icy day in Chicago burbs, and it actually put a visible dent in the rear wheel rim.

I felt noticeable wheel vibrations immediately following that, and assumed I had bent the rear axle. 

I had the rear axle replaced by a mechanic friend, and that changed nothing. Then I had the rear tires re-balanced, and voila...all vibrations disappeared. My guess is when I hit the 2 feet high rock, it knocked out one of the balancing weights attached to the rim.

8 hours ago, Lovgun7 said:

i just got new tries and i feel a slight wabble on the freeway. Spark has never been a "smooth" ride as you can feel everything lol. not sure if its a warranty issue or not but just saying i feel a wabble  

The Spark is one of smallest cars available today. One should not expect it to ride like a big Cadillac or a big Lincoln or a big Lexus. Spark's main purpose is economy. It is cheaper to buy and cheaper to fuel. My new 2017 Spark is quite smooth up to 70 mph. I usually do not exceed posted speed limits, and have not exceeded 70 mph in the Spark. I thought for a tiny car, the ride was quite smooth at 70. 

If you have installed new tires, and still feeling noticeable wabble on the freeway, the issue is obviously something else. It could be worn front suspension components, wheel alignment, bent wheel axel, etc.

19 hours ago, Lovgun7 said:

i just got new tries and i feel a slight wabble on the freeway. Spark has never been a "smooth" ride as you can feel everything lol. not sure if its a warranty issue or not but just saying i feel a wabble too.

Take back to the tire shop and have them balance the tires again, you may have lost one of the weights, or the tire was not balanced right to begin with, make sure your wheels are clean before you take it in. 

@bobby I drove mine way past 100mph several times and it rides very well, the little thing seems to be very well planted to the ground driving at that speed.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:38 PM, Lovgun7 said:

i just got new tries and i feel a slight wabble on the freeway. Spark has never been a "smooth" ride as you can feel everything lol. not sure if its a warranty issue or not but just saying i feel a wabble too.

Hello Lovgun7,
We regret to hear that you are experiencing a concern with the tires on you Spark. We recognize that you are seeking advice from fellow forum members, however, if you would like to have this concern addressed at the dealership. We would be more than happy to assist. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership if this is something your are interested in. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, you can visit bit.ly/2lzGxXu 

Best,
Netty J.
Chevrolet Customer Care