Who Has the Most miles on a 2016 Spark?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I registered my car (got license plates). And the guy had to call the state treasurer, or some other government agency like that, because I was the first person in all of Nebraska to buy a 2016 Chevy spark LS manual. Lol. They had to verify what it was. 😂😂😂. Made the process take longer but it made me feel special.

5000 miles and just got the oil changed, even though 30% was still left on the oil level monitor. First spark in for an oil change at the dealership

Nice job Matt..always good to get the first oil change done early..gets rid of the new engine break in aluminum particles that end up in the oil/filter..now that that's been cleared out you can go to maybe 5-10%...use synthetic if you want the gas mileage and engine life. I think the new all aluminum 1.4L is a good engine with consistent materials between head and block..so a longer head gasket life due to less lateral expansion friction and equal heat absorb/dissipation...VVT design is an unchanged proven design..OK..TMI..'Nuff said...

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7000 miles got oil changed, burned about half or little over half quart.  Car is at 8,000 mils now.  First Time Poster here.  When are you going to change the CVT fluid, I've seen 45,000 and 90,000.  Hi and what do you all think>?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, denware said:

11,500 miles on a manual shift and still running strong. Though, I'm starting to hear a "growl" when I depress the clutch at highway speeds so I'll be making an appointment at the dealership. Might be the clutch release/throw out bearing.

Clutch itself is not warranty since it is a 'consumable' part similar to disk pads..however throwout bearing is...No chattering clutch just before release?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My car just rolled 30,000 yesterday. I did 27,000 last year. The only complaint I have is the obscene amount of paint chips and windshield chips with the relatively flat windshield. I have averaged 40mpg since I bought it but rarely go below 42mpg. Winter drops it to 38 but the best I've had is 47mpg on a full tank and 51 on a half tank. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On January 29, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Red said:

7000 miles got oil changed, burned about half or little over half quart.  Car is at 8,000 mils now.  First Time Poster here.  When are you going to change the CVT fluid, I've seen 45,000 and 90,000.  Hi and what do you all think>?

Here is my humble opinion on CVT oil change...all depends on how hard or easy you are on the gas pedal. If hard, 45,000, if you rarely floor it, I would go 75,000. 

• 3 weeks later...