mattskiracer

Who Has the Most miles on a 2016 Spark?

17 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone in a 2016 is getting up there? I currently have 4700km (2900 miles) with a big trip this weekend

just hit 1800 miles no issues.

i have 5,856 no issues, first oil change this weekend.

Today I registered my car (got license plates). And the guy had to call the state treasurer, or some other government agency like that, because I was the first person in all of Nebraska to buy a 2016 Chevy spark LS manual. Lol. They had to verify what it was. 😂😂😂. Made the process take longer but it made me feel special.

7417 km now (4608 miles)

5000 miles and just got the oil changed, even though 30% was still left on the oil level monitor. First spark in for an oil change at the dealership

5000 miles and just got the oil changed, even though 30% was still left on the oil level monitor. First spark in for an oil change at the dealership

Nice job Matt..always good to get the first oil change done early..gets rid of the new engine break in aluminum particles that end up in the oil/filter..now that that's been cleared out you can go to maybe 5-10%...use synthetic if you want the gas mileage and engine life. I think the new all aluminum 1.4L is a good engine with consistent materials between head and block..so a longer head gasket life due to less lateral expansion friction and equal heat absorb/dissipation...VVT design is an unchanged proven design..OK..TMI..'Nuff said...

I'm doing 8750km. No issues or what so ever. Oil life shows 34%. Dealer told me to change oil @10k km. Awseome car i love it

12,100 miles since getting it in August 2016. 

7000 miles got oil changed, burned about half or little over half quart.  Car is at 8,000 mils now.  First Time Poster here.  When are you going to change the CVT fluid, I've seen 45,000 and 90,000.  Hi and what do you all think>?

11,500 miles on a manual shift and still running strong. Though, I'm starting to hear a "growl" when I depress the clutch at highway speeds so I'll be making an appointment at the dealership. Might be the clutch release/throw out bearing.

3 hours ago, denware said:

11,500 miles on a manual shift and still running strong. Though, I'm starting to hear a "growl" when I depress the clutch at highway speeds so I'll be making an appointment at the dealership. Might be the clutch release/throw out bearing.

Clutch itself is not warranty since it is a 'consumable' part similar to disk pads..however throwout bearing is...No chattering clutch just before release?

40,000 km up in Ontario and runs great, I baby it like crazy and work at a dealer so I can do every thing early and often :)