Gm and their lovely customer service

Anyone have any advice?

I'm stuck with this car, that has been having problems. Since the dealer cant replicate the problems, im told the car is behaving normally.

So they wont repurchase or repair it.

What option do i have now, besides pushing it in to traffic or a river?

Go above the dealer's head.

Try contacting the GM reps here on the board, they can be helpful to some.

If you get no satisfaction from them, contact GM directly - the number is in the owner's manual.

Be prepared for a whole lotta BS, but don't take no for an answer. Always ask for the rep's supervisor if not satisfied.

Keep escalating your claim through everyone you can get to in customer service.

If all else fails, use your states lemon law, but do NOT go through the better Business Bureau.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Thanks!

I just got my first hard kick back from gm after a month with dealing with them. All they could tell me is try a different service department if i wasnt happy.

Im past my states lemon law. (One year after purchase) but im sure a laywer in town might still take it if it gets to that...

Gossamer gave you some good options, it also wouldn't hurt to try another dealership, but don't quit, keep climbing the ladder. Call GM corporate, if you have to take it that far, Google the names of some GM big shots in Detroit, get their phone numbers, and call. Now you know you won't get to talk to the man himself, but some assistant will answer the phone, and ask what it is you need to speak to him about. This is exactly what I did, with a minor problem I had in the beginning. I finally hit an assistant, who was sympathetic, and put me in touch with public relations guy, who did solve my problem. Keep trying, be persistent, until someone hears you out. Good luck!

And now it doesn't matter.

I just got my car back from a different dealer and was just told, this is the new normal for the car.

It's frustrating. Extremely frustrating. And I might be the next one to trade in this piece of junk.

Edit: Sorry for my piss-poor attitude. I've just grown really tired of the struggle of dealing with GM and the dealership. It's been almost every other day for the past month. I finally got to another dealership because GM said I could try a different place. (previously I was told I had to stay with the one dealership) And They gave me information that I think I should have had on the first visit with this issue.

Edited by VegasSpark