2011 Spark 1.0 LS (Europe)

Dear fellow Forum people, guys. girls.

My daughter bought a 2011 1.0 Spark (i think it is the LS version) for which i have 2 questions

Question 1:

The car has central locking but only by using the key in the lock (old skool style).

Now i was wondering if this can be replaced by a standard module to use a remote key or if you need something else to use a remote.

Have been reading on this forum but as far as i can find it most versions where a user installed keyless entry was done on Sparks without central locking. Does anybody know if the Sparks without remote are prepared for remote units for keyless entry or if installing a separate module is available for that? If possible a part number would be greatly appreciated!

Question 2:

The radio only has a mini USB port so a regular USB stick cannot be put in there. Does anybody know if this plug would fix that or if there is any special plug needed?

post-3124-0-59643000-1459771713_thumb.jp

I also registered for the local Spar forum but unfortunately i is not s alive as here, so hoping for a response.

Many thanks!

Edited by easyq

As I have said before on this forum is that anything can be done for a price. Your 2011 may need some module and wiring which usually involves a lot of labor that can be done by someone familiar with electrical wiring and electronics..the parts are out there and I believe that some of our members have done this or had it done and info is somewhere on this forum..not simple and could be costly for such a small convenience.

As for the USB issue, the converter adapter shown should work just dandy and my experience indicates that kids/young adults are more interested in music access than remote stuff...still, anything can be done for the right price. Keep in mind that we have a much different model than your 2011 so what you find here may not work on your car.

oh..and welcome to the forum..always nice to hear from someone in Europe...

Thanks for your reply. I already noticed that the models differ between USA and Europe but the local Spark forum appears to be dead unfortunately as nobody posted anything for a full week. So i found this forum, read a lot of information that getting a keyless entry will be very costly and time consuming.

Back in the day (judging by your nick i assume you know this) one could just buy 1 set of 4 little electro-engines and 1 module and install keyless entry. MOst work was fiiting these little engines correct so that they would close/open the doors. Nowadays so much computers in a car that if you turn 1 screw you will become screwed ;) .

But i also know from experience many modern cars are suited with sometimes even things installed but not activated in BSI unit, like ABS, ESP, always light-on options. Many of these can be switched on by simply buying the correct switch/unit and have it activated in the BSI. Unfortunately not in the Spark B)

Thanks for the confirmation for the USB, my little girl will be very pleased to hear that because i also read that you might need special plugs only available via Chevrolet for way too much money.