• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my screensaver when I turn the radio off with power button.

Thanks to other people on the internet today I have successfully updated the Mylink software and firmware to the latest. A big plus is to remove the vehicle motion block for watching videos, pictures,

Heya. I wanted to add I gave this a shot. I didnt touch any of the bootup avi files or anything. I ended up copying a systems folder and started playing with modifying the images used to display on th

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Kradilla said:

This is an 8 inch screen. The stock one is 7 I thought. How did you get it to fit? 

The headunit itself is essentially a tablet connected to a double-din unit, so the tablet portion is connected by a cable and placeholders to the double-din portion of the head unit and it sits over the opening.  Like the photo attached.  The placeholders and the cable make the tablet very sturdy to use even on bumpy roads.  I was worried at first that it would come off, but after driving up and down gravel roads with it, those worries are gone.

JOYING-8-Quad-Core-Android-6-0-GPS-Navigation-HD-Display-Car-Double-2-Din-Radio.jpg

5 minutes ago, b00duh said:

The headunit itself is essentially a tablet connected to a double-din unit, so the tablet portion is connected by a cable and placeholders to the double-din portion of the head unit and it sits over the opening.  Like the photo attached.  The placeholders and the cable make the tablet very sturdy to use even on bumpy roads.  I was worried at first that it would come off, but after driving up and down gravel roads with it, those worries are gone.

JOYING-8-Quad-Core-Android-6-0-GPS-Navigation-HD-Display-Car-Double-2-Din-Radio.jpg

Oh nice! Ive been eyeing this one for awhile! My friend had one but said it was to much, as in to many functions it was distracting haha.

4 hours ago, ANewSpark said:

Oh nice! Ive been eyeing this one for awhile! My friend had one but said it was to much, as in to many functions it was distracting haha.

Lol.  Yeah, it does have a lot of functions, it's pretty much an android tablet.  I just fight off the urge to download apps that don't pertain to driving (like games, youtube, kodi, etc.).