Sorry bluer.. I went on vacation and didnt see the post. Im on fw 20.00

the explorer mode on mine has a way different folder setup than the videos I saw around. I have two storage cards, one is similar to the videos, the second only has a backup data folder, which has the same content as the nordata folder.

I'll probably try to update it after I get the dealer to fix my ac again, as the last time they tried to blame the problem on my subwoofer install. So i'd rather not mess with the radio right now.

I would be careful then with that. I'm not sure if you can do it without the folder structure. I just looked at my original and now installed, they both have system folders with all the design elements.

I see you are in Coconut Creek, are you taking it to Lou in coconut creek for the AC? That's where I dealt with all the crap until they fixed it right after I told them my issue with the AC.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my screensaver when I turn the radio off with power button.

Thanks to other people on the internet today I have successfully updated the Mylink software and firmware to the latest. A big plus is to remove the vehicle motion block for watching videos, pictures,

Heya. I wanted to add I gave this a shot. I didnt touch any of the bootup avi files or anything. I ended up copying a systems folder and started playing with modifying the images used to display on th

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Heya. I wanted to add I gave this a shot. I didnt touch any of the bootup avi files or anything. I ended up copying a systems folder and started playing with modifying the images used to display on the radio. Starting basic/simple for now. As long as you save it as the same file type, its fine.. I opened one, 8-bit .BMP. I saved it as a full color 32-bit BMP and it accepted it. Its funny how you can see the electric-spark files, battery charged icons. And its kinda clutter as to what files to alter. For example, theres some animation files where they have 3 copies of every file. BMP PNG and JPG formats. I guess certain cars use certain ones. Found the .PCM files to change 'ring tones' for when your on blutooth and someone calls you.. etc etc. Kinda fun/cool. Just playing with caution.

16sNpupl.jpg
9MiVoWRl.jpg

Yep, there is a lot of junk files too that are left behind. Some files require multiple images for the motion and to be placed in duplicate folders. By the way everything looks in the folder system I think they abandoned the design early to get the system on the market for sale.

This might be why there have not been any extra apps scene it's release in 2012-2013. Yes, there was the one update to add Bringo but that was already planned from the start. They just did not have it completed in time for the sale of the 2013 Spark.

In some folders you will see design elements for the navigation too which is weird because it was alway going to be store on the phone, hence the name Bringo. I think it's called gogo in the system folders.

What also pisses me off is Chevy marketed this radio as there was going to be updates with new apps over the lifespan. But nothing, just stupid software glitches being fixed from what I believe was a radio not ready for prime time.

I hear ya, but when we bought ours end of 12-13 they marketed the Mylink as something to be cutting edge and updated.

There are videos and photos of the Mylink running CarPlay a few years ago. You can hack and get mirror link but I have an iPhone. They should allow us to update to CarPlay.

screen-shot-2014-06-04-at-1-07-21-pm.png

Edited by bluer101
  • 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to let people know that there is now a English version of the files and walk through of the hack for getting mirrorlink and video in motion going. just google sourceforge mylink and that should take you to it. Instructions are under the wiki tab and files under the file tab. I suggest backing up your .bin file first, also I have v 24.1 and it seems to be working without a flash.

I am currently on FW 24.1 and wanted to know what FW 24.5 would bring to the unit should I update to it. I can't seem to find a site that has a log of what updates the FW brings when updating to it.

Edited by b00duh

Good afternoon, I have a 2013 Spark LT. I updated my firmware from 13 to 24.5 using the video and source forge wiki. I also was able to upload the mirrorlink app and it is visible on the screen but I cannot connect to it with my S7 edge. I try using car mode to connect and mirrorlink both plugged in via usb and Bluetooth and I am able to use standard my link controls but no luck with mirrorlink. Anyone know how to be able to use mirrorlink?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 2016 Spark and it has both MyLink and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. I don't use Android Auto too much but I'll be looking out for any new hacks on MyLink.

It appears that the original method, which was tapping the upper left-hand corner of the screen ten times, no longer works on this new model. I also don't know how to get the firmware version, as the Settings page only has open source information.

• 1 month later...

Trying to get mirror link on my link in my 2013 sonic rs but every download things seem to be deleted and I tried one it it didn't download mirror link any good videos or step by step instructions I would go on sonic forums but they don't like doing anything like this to worried about warranty 

I managed to hack mine. I got the mirrorlink going, video in motion going and all the steering wheel controls work fine. The radio is slow and choppy when it comes to controls so don't even try scrolling via the radio. Lol. Video is terrible when streaming from my phone. Nothing really to brag about except being able to use Google Maps from my phone and use apple music on the stereo.

I still have the files on a USB stick if anyone wants them. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/09/2016 at 11:25 AM, b00duh said:

Nothing really to brag about except being able to use Google Maps from my phone and use apple music on the stereo.

Just to confirm what you've been able to achieve, are you using an iPhone with mirrorlink? I thought that was only available to android handsets, would be very happy to be told otherwise. 

Im looking to hack my wife's mylink to get it working with an iPhone for google maps and Apple Music, exactly like you have :)

Id be keen to use the files you worked with if you still have them? Or if you could point me in a direction for the download. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2016 at 5:25 AM, b00duh said:

I managed to hack mine. I got the mirrorlink going, video in motion going and all the steering wheel controls work fine. The radio is slow and choppy when it comes to controls so don't even try scrolling via the radio. Lol. Video is terrible when streaming from my phone. Nothing really to brag about except being able to use Google Maps from my phone and use apple music on the stereo.

Hey, may i get the files 

• 1 month later...

I used to write code back in the beginning of personal computing and also electronic circuit design on my way to an Electronics degree. But then I went to work for Chevrolet, building engines until I retired. I can barely program my VCR. Not that I need that talent much anymore. 

A possible fix would be to remove the wire leads from the reverse switch and put in another switch then switch on demand. Not my first choice

Edited by Daniel Bain
  • 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Kradilla said:

Is it super easy to do this? I would love to get the mylink on my 2014 but I'm not tech savvy. It's it as simple as plug and play with the USB? 

You would get better features, better sound and less headache out of an aftermarket head unit. I have the mylink and if I had a couple hundred $ burning a hole in my pocket, that mylink would get retired very fast.

6 hours ago, Mr.tozzi said:

You would get better features, better sound and less headache out of an aftermarket head unit. I have the mylink and if I had a couple hundred $ burning a hole in my pocket, that mylink would get retired very fast.

This.  After hacking the mylink head unit, it was more of a disappointment then anything.  I instead invested in an android head unit with storage to download apps onto, gps and wifi.  It's leaps and bounds more advanced the mylink head unit and worth every penny.

3 hours ago, Kradilla said:

Where did you get it? Can I ask what you paid and what model? Do your steering wheel controls still work? 

This is the one I got for both my spark and the subaru forester:

https://www.carjoying.com/2-din-android-car-gps-navigation/8-double-din-car-audio/new-android-6-0-1-marshmallow-in-dash-head-unit-replacement-ram-2gb-rom-32gb-universal-pip-touchscreen-panel-8-inch-double-2-din-car-stereo-799.html

It's a really nice head unit that has 32gb of space to download apps, wifi, bluetooth, 2gb of ram and gps.  So, instead of paying for sirius xm, I just downloaded a hacked apk of spotify and run it using my cell phone as a wifi hot spot.

I purchased a special harness off amazon that lets me retain my steering wheel controls.  The only things that don't work is the mobile wifi in the car, Onstar and Sirius XM that came with the vehicle.  But, with this head unit those 3 things are pretty redundant.

Edited by b00duh
1 hour ago, b00duh said:

I purchased a special harness off amazon that lets me retain my steering wheel controls.  The only things that don't work is the mobile wifi in the car, Onstar and Sirius XM that came with the vehicle.  But, with this head unit those 3 things are pretty redundant.

Onstar can be retained, the metra 99-3309-b dash kit. I actually want to keep onstar as I use the remote link app frequently to keep the bulky key in the car instead of my pocket.

I like the head unit you have. I was looking at that one to upgrade the radio in the wifes mazda5.