In the past month there has been lots of talk on hacking our Mylinks. Someone found out the code to let you into the development mode. Most is in Russian that is found on the Internet. But decided to do some exploring in my Spark Mylink. I would like to change some backgrounds and such, plus ultimately enable the rear camera. All the images and folders are there for the rear view camera but nothing yet. Other sights show the camera working but I don't want to brick my radio with a Russian FW version. Here is a screen shot from mine today.

7325A2E3-9A0E-40BD-915B-F2D22D761868.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my screensaver when I turn the radio off with power button.

Thanks to other people on the internet today I have successfully updated the Mylink software and firmware to the latest. A big plus is to remove the vehicle motion block for watching videos, pictures,

Heya. I wanted to add I gave this a shot. I didnt touch any of the bootup avi files or anything. I ended up copying a systems folder and started playing with modifying the images used to display on th

Posted Images

I think the FW version they mistakenly flashed us with that displayed the message to "service our rear vision system", might have been the version we needed to use the camera. The only flaw in that version, was that message, and it probably displayed because it didn't detect the camera, and took that as a malfunction. Then we all ran back to get the 'correct' version. Here is the link to that short discussion. http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/1146-service-rear-vision-system/

Edited by WaltK

I think the FW version they mistakenly flashed us with that displayed the message to "service our rear vision system", might have been the version we needed to use the camera. The only flaw in that version, was that message, and it probably displayed because it didn't detect the camera, and took that as a malfunction. Then we all ran back to get the 'correct' version. Here is the link to that short discussion. http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/1146-service-rear-vision-system/

Yep, I remember that. I'm going to see about changing the background images and such first.

Bluer, I notice that you have an Apple logo on a button above the 'VOL' and what looks like another button/slot to the top left of that..What are those..as I don't have either of those on my unit..just curious .... I don't really use the touch screen much..just bluetooth my phone and maybe the odd map or music on a USB stick.

Bluer, I notice that you have an Apple logo on a button above the 'VOL' and what looks like another button/slot to the top left of that..What are those..as I don't have either of those on my unit..just curious .... I don't really use the touch screen much..just bluetooth my phone and maybe the odd map or music on a USB stick.

Lol, that's a reflection of my iPhone taking the picture.

I'm trying to work on changing the animated graphics and such on the screens. Yesterday I was able to get the holden (lion) startup animation instead of the Chevy Mylink.

LOL indeed! Shows you my lack of experience with this kinda stuff...I do admire that you are able to do that kinda electronic stuff with the hard to hack MyLink. On the Rover I have a factory installed back up camera that displays from a higher mount point and is useful..what I would really like is a mirror mounted forward looking laser radar detector.

MirrorLink is all I need. I'm sure I could do this but I just rolled mine off the lot last week and don't want to void the warranty on this thing yet. Does anyone know exactly what kind of warranty this would void? What about installing an amp... what warranty is voided there?

Warranty on your radio would be void if gm can prove your mod caused your radio to fail.

Installing an amp would not touch your warranty, but be aware that if you go cutting up wires and splicing wires and fuses, any electronic or electric issue will probably be blamed on what you did, and you better know how to prove gm is wrong.

My Rover Sport came with a rearview cam..I had a shop install and link to the screen a forward cam with zoom control..very sharp and recorded to flash disk or inserted USB stick/HDD on demand. These kinda smart link with screen interface are very possible to modify..not a DIY for most..but possible. Still don't know why I need either cam..but here it is...

• 3 weeks later...

How did you update the firmware? Is this something I could get done on my 2013 by my mechanic or dealer..I really want the picture block gone since I load maps on a USB since, although a retired commercial pilot, I have a longstanding issue with getting lost while driving a car...

This is nothing the dealer can do. Here is the link to the Russian wiki that has all the software/firmware. I would suggest reading about it and watching YouTube videos. It requires backing up files and altering the Windows CE OS in the Mylink.

Please read and research. I'm only providing info and do at your own risk.

http://ru.byom.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B0_%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE_%D0%B2_%D0%B4%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B8_(unlock_video_in_motion)

Edited by bluer101

Thanks for the quick reply 'bluer'. I am am absolutely useless with computerized stuff because I don't know the firmware type stuff and not familiar with DOS type stuff because we have Macs...so...I think I will leave that one alone and just let you knowledgeable digital guys go at it..I do follow it with interest though and I think it amazing how you guys do this stuff! My Rover has a built in GPS that can show maps and directions..can't figure any of it out...so I use paper maps or load specific map on a USB stick along with music.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry bluer.. I went on vacation and didnt see the post. Im on fw 20.00

the explorer mode on mine has a way different folder setup than the videos I saw around. I have two storage cards, one is similar to the videos, the second only has a backup data folder, which has the same content as the nordata folder.

I'll probably try to update it after I get the dealer to fix my ac again, as the last time they tried to blame the problem on my subwoofer install. So i'd rather not mess with the radio right now.