Hello, I am a novice at cars, so assume I know little to nothing above that a Radio uses wires and fuses exist.

I'm looking to upgrade my '13 Spark's radio because it is the base model. I was wondering, first, if I can fit this thing in there

Kenwood DNX572BH (Amazon says it's no good but I don't know if it's from DIN (I'm not clear on what this is, I know it's something having to do with hooking the radio up and "ribbon"(?) cables) count or actual physical size)

Second, I want to know how I would be able to find a suitable replacement cover for the dash there.

Any and all advice is accepted, thanks a tonne
-Viktor

Edited by TwinkieBattleship

This is not a DIY project..go to a car audio place to have that done & they can tell you right off the bat what works and what does not. Also..what is a Twinkie Battleship? Is that like a battleship with a lot of twinkies aboard or just a battleship made of twinkies or a branch of the Navy that serves twinkies for dessert or a snack?

We thought about installing a double DIN in our 2013.

If I did, I would buy the "kit" on my own, and go to Best Buy and buy the Radio and have them install it.

We recently drove a 2016 Chevy Traverse for a month. It had a back up camera. It worked really good with an excellent picture. If I ever upgraded my radio, I would make sure it had this feature.

Edited by stevesparky

you would be better off buying this kit at a minimum

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-3309B-LC-Single-Installation-2013-Up/dp/B00DLEY9VI

as it comes with the data module to integrate with the vehicles CAN system.

but that is the most basic data module, 1st it wont work with onstar if you have in (and plan on retaining it) and 2nd a radio that expensive (double din kenwood nav) it would need a few extra wires ran through out the car to maximize all its features.

this would be a better choice

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUI5J6O/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00DLEY9VI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11QB9DDZZ34WQFFJ8YVG

as this data module is more advanced and gets more information from the data bus system such as reverse wire (radio needs for back up camera) and parking brake (radio needs to unlock menu features)(not getting into P-brake bypass...) it also retains onstar and is pre wired for the ASWC steering wheel controls adapter (if you have them)

you will also need an antenna adapter that is not included with the kit

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-EU55-Antenna-Adapter-European/dp/B0007WW64Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1455694351&sr=1-1&keywords=40-Eu55

here is a better explanation of the kit differences

then if you didn't buy the kit, how did you mount the radio? just by cramming it into the hole and hoping that it doesn't fall out?

keep in mind that the OP also is taking about wanting to install a Double Din radio which is twice as tall as your radio and wont work with the factory base radio dash plate. so he would need to have the dash kit to even allow the radio to fit... so if your spending over $500 for a radio, and have to have a dash kit to make the radio fit, why not just buy the dash kit that comes with the harness and just do it right with out damaging any of the factory wiring.