Auto Headlights and Wipers

Hi all,

trying to fit an Auto Headlight/Wiper system to the ol' Spark, The headlight side of the system was easy to fit. Dead easy - the headlights are negatively switched.

The Wipers however are a different matter, does anyone have any information on what functions the wiper loom wires control and the colour of each? The instructions give me the below options, not sure which to utilise

post-1649-0-78102500-1454903296_thumb.jp

G'day all...

Yay for perseverance! If anyone is wanting to add Rain Sensing Wipers to their Spark it's dead easy once you've worked out the wiring.

The kit is available here...

From the "Wiper" side of the module. The wiring is connected to the car as follows.

Black - Earth (the car itself)
Green - Connects to the White wire from the Wiper control loom.
Red - Acc.
Grey - Acc.
Brown - Connects to the Purple wire from the Wiper control loom.

For the next two you'll need to cut the Yellow/Brown wire going to the Wiper control loom. Be sure to leave enough wire at both ends to strip and properly solder and either tape or cover with shrinktube.

Yellow - Connects to the Motor side of the Yellow/Brown wire from the Wiper control loom.
White - Connects to the Switch side of the Yellow/Brown wire from the Wiper control loom.

Remember to Solder ALL electrical connections and use good quality electrical tape to cover the joints or shrinktube. I prefer shrinktube over the soldered joints then I cover the entire new wiring with a spiral of black electrical tape to make it into a neat loom.

I'll cover the Headlight Side of it in another post.

Hope that assists somebody!