squeaky truck engine? possible causes cost to fix??

SO in my not baby car.. I have an 07 silverado about 65k miles never drive it cause well parking the spark is so much easier not to mention triple the mpg.. any how lately when I start her up shes real squeaky like metal on metal.. lifted the hood last night and it seems to be coming from the main ( I don't know what the f it's called) crank wheel? the center wheel that the serpentine belt wraps around in the middle of the engine. reving the engine it gets louder and the repetitions of squeak are faster so it's related. after the engine heats up (about 5 minutes) it goes away. I always due the maintenance on time, even with out driving it ever I do an oil change every 6 months regardless even if it's only been 1,500 miles or so.

I have a feeling just needs to be re-lubed.. I'm guessing this wouldn't be a warranty thing but a maintenance thing. What would something like this cost any ideas and I'm sure it would be cheaper to not o to the dealership but in the off chance it is covered by warranty only runs $50 (I have the GMPP major guard on it till 2018) what do you guys think? Dropping it off at the dealership tomorrow night so they can get the cold start and hear it the next morning..

they said the tensioner has failed and the belts needed to be replaced too.. $207.. $50 for the gmpp deductible for the tensior, and $157 for the belt replacement. ugh.. supposedly the belts were dry.. they looked perfectly fine to me. not a crack or anything on em.

That's a lot. To bad you don't know how to do it yourself. The belt is usually about $50 and the tensioner is less than the belt. 20-30 minutes of your time and it could have cost less than half. But, sometimes you have to let them do the work. Glad it's fixed.

ya they way over charged. I thought everything would be covered by warranty but the belts are a "maintenance" item and that's where it hurt. they try n get anything they can out of you I never would of had out of pocket maintenance done at the dealership they're a rip off. I'm out of dealerships near me that i trust now.. sucks.

I think a good garage could have done that for a lot less, specially if you bought your own belt..$207 is way over the top..I think I paid well under $100 for a belt/tension wheel on my 2007 Impala.

BTW: on the Spark there are 2 belts, one for the gen which has an auto tensioner that needs a bit of lube once in a while and one for the A/C that does not have any tension control....manual indicates to check and adjust the A/C belt every 12kmi..I think ...checked frequently but honestly, never needed adjustment in ++70Kmi..and this is Miami where A/C is run all the time...The longer we have the Spark'13 the more surprised I am at the durability of secondary components and reliability of the primary components such as drive train (a good sign is when it starts with the flick of the key) (4sp Auto tranny)..even front brake pads lasted longer (43Kmi) than most vehicles I have driven in spite of the crappy rotors..maybe due to light weight...Anyways..off topic as usual..'Nuff said...

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

oh ya I know I paid way too much. Dealerships always charge an arm and a leg. total rip off. And I'm sure for a service that didn't even need to be done. it's an 07 with original belts but they have less than 65k on them. not a crack in sight. Took it the chevy dealers of the same company for a different warranty thing, and they said they need to be replaced they're cracked, I looked, they were fine, but took it to my maintenance/tire shop for a second opinion, and 2 of their guys and the manager all said they're fine.. took it to the gmc dealer of the same company for this because it was closer and magically they're cracked again. can't wait for gm's satisfaction survey for the warranty work.