I am have a hard time finding a replacement battery for my spark. The battery auto zone carried for the spark was a H6 but when I went to compare the two batteries the H6 is way bigger than the stock battery. Any idea were I can find the right size battery for my spark?

Wal-Mart has both good and excellent batteries that will fit...Check the battery finder book at the battery section at the store. Spark does not need a hi-power battery as it does not need a lot of power to start etc...I have used their "EverStart-Maxx" both in cars and marine and they have a 5 yr warranty and not expensive. If you want to spend more, they also carry name brand and performance units that will fit....OK..sounds like an ad for Walmart..and maybe because I have some of their stocks you should go there......Nuff said about that...

Looking at Walmart and other auto parts retailers , nobody other than sutozone has a direct replacement listing . Other option would be to find an optima battery that will fit . I'll have to ask my dealer when I go in this month how they plan on replacing my battery .

Edited by sparkfanatic

The three Autozone stores local to me, show the listing for the Spark batteries, but also say "not available". Got interested reading these posts, and scoured google, for Spark batteries, can't find anything. I know Walmart, and Sears did have them. Interstate batteries have a manufacturing plant about 3 miles from me, with an outlet store, even they don't have them. What the hell gives with these cars? They've been on the market for six years. Something as simple as a battery shouldn't be a problem!

Maybe we need to wait for the 2016 Spark to get a battery . that might fit .It's kind of ridiculous there's no batteries , a lot of cars are at 3 years old now and some will need a battery . How are the dealers going to replace the battery , Jerry rig some battery from another car ? Right now the only choice I see is to find an Optima of similar physical size . Maybe this is a question for the GM customer service reps that visit this site .

Just take the measurements of the battery with you and find one about the same size at about 375ah..no need to get the exact size as there is a bit of room at the height dimension as well as length...lotsa batteries out there that fit..even one for the Volks passat etc.. Also if the current battery has a size group # like H-5 etc..just use that. I would not waste money on a fancy performance battery because you just don't need that.

Yep, I have to do this soon.

We had a cool front pass through last night. Did not use my spark since Friday. Went to start the spark to go to work this morning. It was a very hard slow start , then the wipers moved once, T/C light came on, hazard lights came on, and odometer defaulted to factory view. So it's time to replace as it's just 3 years old.

Ya again..different batteries in the '13 Sparks...some good and some not good...a battery should easily last 5+ yrs on a little unit like this...mine still starts with the flick of the key and the power windows are used often...one thing people could check is that the battery terminals are not corroded and properly greased since corroded terminals will greatly shorten the battery life since more current is used and battery drain can occur when the car is not in use resulting in the battery eventually not holding the charge.

Terminals are fine, engine bay is wiped down weekly after washing and waxing.

I went to Sears and measured, nothing in stock that would fit. So I went to the dealer and the battery is $153 and was not in stock. So I spoke to my service writer and the parts guy. My spark is still under warranty for about a week more. So today after work they will put it on the machine to load test. They also ordered the battery to be delivered today too. So if all goes right I will have a new battery tonight.

Excellent..yup..a load test failing during warranty is a replacement issue for them. 3 Yrs is way too early for a battery to go bad..Most of mine have lasted the life of the car sometimes 10+yrs...and I know you live not that far from me in the South Florida climate..so no cold starts. Also I think the battery prices have gone out of this world for some reason and the quality remains a hit and miss on the wet cells.

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

Terminals are fine, engine bay is wiped down weekly after washing and waxing.

I went to Sears and measured, nothing in stock that would fit. So I went to the dealer and the battery is $153 and was not in stock. So I spoke to my service writer and the parts guy. My spark is still under warranty for about a week more. So today after work they will put it on the machine to load test. They also ordered the battery to be delivered today too. So if all goes right I will have a new battery tonight.

Wow! $153 for a replacement battery, after only 3 yrs. in a warm climate. What a ripoff, and none in stock. Luckily your b2b is still in force, you just made it under the wire. My b2b died on the 8th, I extended it by 2/24, with GMPP, just for a little piece of mind. My battery is still spinning fast, after three years, and it's gone through a few brutal winters. GMPP wouldn't cover the battery though. In any case, good going!

Edited by WaltK

The really hot climates are battery killers more so than cold areas . On average 30-37 months before failure . I live in Ct and it's been a few decades since I had a failure but over last 10 years I have become proactive and changed out batteries in my cars and switched to Optimas at around the 36 month mark just to avoid problems even though the battery was still good or just traded the car in all together . The battery prices are crazy expensive now but I wouldn't want to be stuck someplace and need a tow because nobody has a battery that fits the Spark . Wondering if even AAA battery service would have one that fits . I'm going to check with my dealer and I see what they say otherwise I will just buy an optima . Still deciding if I want to trade it for a new car .

Battery was replaced under warranty. It failed the load test and o believe one cell was shot from the test. I will take photos of the new battery. It looks the same but the stickers are different. It's a sealed ACdelco battery though. Starts fast again, no slow crank.

Good Deal!!

• 9 months later...

January 17 2013, I bought a Chevy Spark LS manual.

I started having battery trouble October 2016.

Was a little disappointed that the battery didn't even last 4 years.

Auto Zone battery, they said was for my car, was too big to fit.

went to dealer, bought exact same AC Delco battery the car came with for $145 + tax + $15 core.

That's when I discovered the battery only has a 30 MONTH warranty.

I was happy to realize I got almost 4 years out of a 2 1/2 year battery.

Wow..$160 for an OEM battery. I have used Walmart Maxx-700crank amps...5yr manufacture warranty and 3 yr replacement in store. Around $105 and they have all lasted 5yrs ++. I think they are in the "Everstart" series and come in a huge variety of sizes including the Spark...Use them in the boat as well for crank and aux power...I think they are very reliable and a good price.

• 11 months later...

Our 2014 Spark OEM Delco battery lasted 3.5 years / 44,000 miles. Did the weird radio going dark, wipers turning on, hazards flashing dance when we tried to crank it one day. Most local Autozone did not carry one on their shelf, we had to search and drive a bit to find one in stock. The H4-DL cost $142 out the door with CA sales tax and state battery fee. The replacement battery we bought looked identical to the OEM down to the "Made in Korea" stamping on the plastic in the exact same location. Looks like the same factory cranked out all these and just put different stickers on top for branding. We hooked it up to a 15A/3A charger for half a day to top it off then everything was fine.