I went out to see who has oil filters for the little engine. Advance auto said they could get me one. So the lady says its $119.99. I looked at her screen and the part numbers match up for the factory part. I can order them online for $7.98 or there abouts from them. So I went down to the dealer and eight bucks and change got me one.

That's a huge difference from a $220.00 part at the dealer for the wife's aveo that I got on Amazon for $13.00.

I don't think I would trust anything else. The factory filter is a solid little filter. It is heavy and a peek inside shows it ain't built like a regular filter. Kind of wondering if anyone uses a different brand how that's working for them. Also makes me wonder if the quick lubes and Walmart are doing damage using a different filter. I'm not going to find out.

My dealer ran out of OEM filters so got one from the auto parts store . My oil got overfilled because of it . I had to bring it back the next day when they got the OEM filter in . There's some variation of Spark engines and I wouldn't trust that the aftermarket is actually for the US model . There's been other owners who changed their own oil and couldn't get the correct amount of oil in when using an aftermarket .one .

Mine takes 4 quarts with filter . I think it was my first oil change and they put 5 quarts in and overfilled it . It was probably an inch over the full line on the dipstick . I had to bring the car back the next morning . So at least a few times I had to return due to oil level not being correct . They finally got it down where I don't feel the need to recheck their work .

• 4 weeks later...

Go to rockauto.com they have ac Delco filters for the spark and the last time I bought them they were less than 5 bucks plus shipping. If you buy something else greatly reduces shipping. I buy several at a time so I have them in stock a greatly reduces cost I did my first oil change on mine a while ago and it took like 4 1/2 quarts to bring it up where it's Spose to be on stick. 200 bucks for a filter is laughable!