Cool, Thomas Taco Shultz. It sounds like it will play YouTube audio at least. That's good about the good availability of room up in front. I drive by myself probably 40% of the time, anyway. Other times its the Mrs.and I only, maybe a Chow Chow and Pomeranian in the back seat. Grocery room will be there, for sure. Thanks for your input, man.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw it at the LA auto show... lots of pics..

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Cool, Thomas Taco Shultz. It sounds like it will play YouTube audio at least. That's good about the good availability of room up in front. I drive by myself probably 40% of the time, anyway. Other times its the Mrs.and I only, maybe a Chow Chow and Pomeranian in the back seat. Grocery room will be there, for sure. Thanks for your input, man.

Hi There! ive had my 16' spark for about a week now.. 5 speed... very fun car! the android Auto does not play youtube audio it seems... overall the car is very quiet on the highway and all around of a higher quality than i have seen from many of GM's more recent cars... already have 700 miles on mine and plan many more!

Hey, I've got another '16 Chevy Spark owner here. Great! How does the manual shifter work...nice and smooth? That would be great, if it is easy to shift gears. Do you feel like the Warranty will hold up for you and come through with help from GM if you need it? How much did you pay out the door?

And it's quiet on the highway, eh? Good! Does the car seem too small up front when you're in the driver's seat? Thanks for chiming in and I look forward to hearing more from you about driving your 2016 Chevy Spark.

With Android Auto you should get a decent amount of music in one form or another - how is the Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, whichever one that you use? I watched a YouTube video where this guy programs YouTube videos to play right on the screen using AndroidAuto. I would watch that video a few more times so I could use AA more effectively in my Spark. Any input on the stereo/video player and screen would be great, too, GeoffPetterson. Thanks in advance for your input!

Edited by SalsaSpark

Hi There! ive had my 16' spark for about a week now.. 5 speed... very fun car! the android Auto does not play youtube audio it seems... overall the car is very quiet on the highway and all around of a higher quality than i have seen from many of GM's more recent cars... already have 700 miles on mine and plan many more!

Wise decision to get the manual tranny since from what I hear from my mechanic and read online the CVT in many models is problematic but usually resolved under warranty. Quality of assembly and fit with excellent features combined with a rock solid engine (1.2 anyway) makes the car a good buy. My mechanic tells me there is one 2013 auto tranny Spark used for pizza delivery that has over 180,000 mi on it..trouble free driven 10 hrs a day by 2 drivers for three years...still burns almost no oil and these guys really drive them hard..short trips in stop and go traffic and fast as can be on the highway and city streets with A/C on almost all the time. He claims the light Sparks are good on brakes with pads and rotors every 30Kmi or so..very good considering the way they drive! He likes the Spark from a mechanical point of view as being very reliable..his son has one..also a 2013 Auto. The pizza guys only change the oil when the oil life monitor gives a code 82..(Change oil-oil life done)..uses 5w20 GF-5 rated conventional oil and gets about 7,500mi before indicator shows a code 82.

Glad you like your 2016 and hope it is as reliable as our 2013 auto tranny with almost 75Kmi on it.

Hey, I've got another '16 Chevy Spark owner here. Great! How does the manual shifter work...nice and smooth? That would be great, if it is easy to shift gears. Do you feel like the Warranty will hold up for you and come through with help from GM if you need it? How much did you pay out the door?

And it's quiet on the highway, eh? Good! Does the car seem too small up front when you're in the driver's seat? Thanks for chiming in and I look forward to hearing more from you about driving your 2016 Chevy Spark.

With Android Auto you should get a decent amount of music in one form or another - how is the Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, whichever one that you use? I watched a YouTube video where this guy programs YouTube videos to play right on the screen using AndroidAuto. I would watch that video a few more times so I could use AA more effectively in my Spark. Any input on the stereo/video player and screen would be great, too, GeoffPetterson. Thanks in advance for your input!

As a car enthusiast who used to daily his now "Race Car" of a 76' Chevy Nova.. i feel that the whole car is quite spacious inside.. compared to its small footprint on the outside... Almost like the Tardis...(Doctor Who Reference...) The clutch and shifter feel great! very smooth and easy to move from gear to gear.. Out the door i was at about 16K.. this being my first new car purchase im sure i could have made a better deal..

I have the 4 speaker system, which is just two speakers in the front door panels and 2 A pillar tweeters. it works, and sounds okay. but definitely leaves plenty to be desired... ive driven about 750 miles at the time of writing this(one weeks time) and i am already looking into audio solutions...

I very much like Android Auto, i use Spotify through it for all my music needs.. i will see if i can scrounge up an iphone user and try to take CarPlay for a spin...

The screen itself it quite nice.. easy to use... the only quirk ive found so far, and this is like many touch systems.. is that sometimes when you tap a button, it will beep and look like you clicked it... but wont do anything... tap it again and it will go... odd, but not a big problem imo...

ok ive had my 2016 ls with cvt for about a month now.

heres my review.

pros:

interior room(in the front) is awesome and im 6ft 4in tall.

build quality seems very nice for a low end car.

love that it looks like a 2 door.

it has a spare tire.

paint seems decent, toasted marshmalow(my wifes choice but it is a nice color)

the mylink seems very cool i know nothing about it(im an old guy) but im having fun playing with it.

rear cargo space is bigger than it seems. my truck is broken so i have had animal feed and potting soil in it without putting the seat down.

gas milage.

the d.i.c. fun to watch actual mileage ect.

i like the looks of the 2016,looked at a 15 and 16 and chose the 16 hands down with added features an similar price.

nice power for what it is

the back up camera is cool but unessasary.

thats all i can think of now

cons:

the plastic wheel covers.

the new lame 3 year gm warranty.

no engine coolant temp gage.

i dont miss the power windows or cruise, but being able to control the power locks that are already there would be nice.

blind spots,but all the newer cars ive owned had them.

the arm rest is useless to a person my size.

the 60/40 split seat makes no sense in the us with the 60 side on the passenger side cant fold either side down with the drivers seat back.

empty speaker holes in the back doors.

thats all i can think of now.

all in all we love the car, was a bit worried about the cvt but my wife doesnt drive a stick.

it took a little getting used to but i like the trans,its kind of fun to drive and i got a good extended warranty so its covered for a good long time.

also the price was fine and the dealer experience was the best ive had.

a few things id like to do to it.

window tint.

wheels and tires.

mud flaps

try to find a way to add power locks without voiding the warranty.

well there it is.

I like it.

We're having issues with our CVT. It seems to bog down when you're trying to accelerate from a full stop or if you are turning across traffic (not good). Took it up to our dealer today and he said that it was normal and the transmission is made to conform to the primary driver way of driving. I told him that I didn't even agree with that crap but there was basically nothing I could do since there wasn't any TSB's or recalls on it. He said I was welcome to go get a 2nd opinion. We've only got 500 miles on it too. I even pointed out a TSB that I found on the forum from someone else with the same issue (2014 model) and he said since it was a different transmission model that he couldn't do anything.

ok ive had my 2016 ls with cvt for about a month now.

heres my review.

pros:

interior room(in the front) is awesome and im 6ft 4in tall.

build quality seems very nice for a low end car.

love that it looks like a 2 door.

it has a spare tire.

paint seems decent, toasted marshmalow(my wifes choice but it is a nice color)

the mylink seems very cool i know nothing about it(im an old guy) but im having fun playing with it.

rear cargo space is bigger than it seems. my truck is broken so i have had animal feed and potting soil in it without putting the seat down.

gas milage.

the d.i.c. fun to watch actual mileage ect.

i like the looks of the 2016,looked at a 15 and 16 and chose the 16 hands down with added features an similar price.

nice power for what it is

the back up camera is cool but unessasary.

thats all i can think of now

cons:

the plastic wheel covers.

the new lame 3 year gm warranty.

no engine coolant temp gage.

i dont miss the power windows or cruise, but being able to control the power locks that are already there would be nice.

blind spots,but all the newer cars ive owned had them.

the arm rest is useless to a person my size.

the 60/40 split seat makes no sense in the us with the 60 side on the passenger side cant fold either side down with the drivers seat back.

empty speaker holes in the back doors.

thats all i can think of now.

all in all we love the car, was a bit worried about the cvt but my wife doesnt drive a stick.

it took a little getting used to but i like the trans,its kind of fun to drive and i got a good extended warranty so its covered for a good long time.

also the price was fine and the dealer experience was the best ive had.

a few things id like to do to it.

window tint.

wheels and tires.

mud flaps

try to find a way to add power locks without voiding the warranty.

well there it is.

I like it.

This is good to hear. About the power locks, does that mean you can't lock all of them from the drivers seat or by locking the drivers door on the outside?

This is good to hear. About the power locks, does that mean you can't lock all of them from the drivers seat or by locking the drivers door on the outside?

Correct, base models have no electronic key system... only the drivers door has a power lock... in that, in my experience. Above 10mph or so.. locks, and when you remove the key from the ignition unlocks the door. You may also lock and unlock the drivers door from the OnStar App. But not any other door. Now, im about 6'1" and in my seating position the car is small enough that i can reach around and lock or unlock all doors and even roll up or down all windows from the driver seat..

Yep I can reach all of the locks too.

I live in rain country so if I have passengers they have to wait.

Not a big gripe it's just a bummer because the power locks are there but we're just not allowed to control them.

Ditto for the lock on the hatch.

No big deal I'm just spoiled from having power everything on my last car.

Also it seems to me that all of the doors lock when you drive off and unlock when you stop.

Edited by aaaugie

I have a 2016 Spark LS, in manual. Loving it so far got it a month ago and have put 4400km on it so far (2700miles) Car is excellent on highway, really quiet, and have been getting amazing gas mileage, so far lifetime overall 6.0l/100km (39.2MPG) , got 5.1l/100km on one 200mile trip (46MPG). Carplay has been great, Apple maps isn't the most consistent overall, but everything else works amazing and it's so great to have it in this price point. Have tried Android Auto as well and that was great. For 9995$ Canadian everything has been amazing (12000$ out the door taxes PDI and all)

Tried the CVT as well, and felt boggish so do agree with you Bret. Tip for the back seats, remove the head for the back seat and you have much more space, have hauled skis and big boxes no issue, and in all honestly can probably lie down (5'7).

As for the manual in easy of use, I learned having never driven manual and am very comfortable after a month, and hill start makes it quite a bit less heart stopping on those big hills. The OnStar app is excellent as well, I have the base base model with no automatic lock, and actually locked my keys in the car once, used the app to unlock the car and the drivers door unlocked, as it somehow has power, safety feature I believe.

Before this I had a older Mercedes, and honestly loving the Spark so much, thing is amazing in the city to parallel in spots you'd never think of trying in another car, as well having the back up camera is great for that. And it doesn't feel too flimsy on the highway either, and I've done lots of big trips on the highway.

If anyone has any questions let me know, gotten to know the car quite well, and download the RemoteLink app, its great!

• 3 weeks later...