I bought a interior light kit thinking I'd be able to install this by myself. I, unfortunately, am very untrained in working on cars. (Expect I know next to nothing). I have a volt meter (I'm not sure the actual name).

I would like to know a dummy's guide on how to find the wires I need and/or what fuse to use. I have a Chevy Spark LS and I need a 12v source for my lights. I've been looking at a lot of references and I haven't been able to find out where the wires are and what I should do to them. I don't want to blindly strip wires or whatever (which is what I am understanding needs to happen?)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, pictures help a lot. Thanks in advance!

Hey buddy, go to your closest auto parts store and pick up a fuse tap. Also get a 20a fuse. It should be by the fuses. It will look like a fuse with a wire coming out of it. Next, get all your lights mounted. Run all your wires through the center console. just stuff them in the sides. And run your front ones under the carpet etc. Next take all of the positive wires you can solder them together if you wish. Find the accessories fuse I can't remember the number but I know it's on top of the fuse box. Take that fuse out and put it in the fuse tap. And put the other fuse you bought in there too. Next crimp the wires into the fuse tap. Plug it back In to the fuse box. It will be a tight fit. You'll have to experiment with the orientation of the fuse tap to get it in. Next find a bolt near the fuse box that is on bare metal of the car. Put your negatives under the bolt. Start your car and presto! Let there be light!!

• 4 weeks later...