• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg, This is undoubtably the most detailed and beautiful description of an installation that I have seen. THANK YOU for being a member on this site!

Now on to the wiring harness, the ground points are again a 10mm bolt head, the fog light ground must go under the other connecter or it will not allow the bolt to go back through the eyelets. I used

And here is the last part. Before starting I suggest you get something to fight corrosion, none of the ground points or battery terminals have any corrosion protection on them: You'll need this as

Posted Images

I'm still running the stock daytime running light configuration (headlights at 75%), until I can get a service manual and figure out exactly how they are doing DRL, I won't be fooling with them. I think someone else had LED DRLs attached and really should be in a different thread since this one is about the stock fog lights.

Those were driving lights and come on with the high beams. Just bolt through the grill with a large washer on the back side. Not the best way to mount them but it worked until I hit the deer. Eventually I'll have a much better way of doing it with currently available lights, but the bumper/grille needs to come off and get modified and I haven't been able to take my car down long enough to do the work. Two ideas are to make a metal mount that rises up a little and bolt this to the bumper, the other is make a mount that extends out to the grille mounting screws along the edge and holds the light in place. The second option is most like the factory fogs with their little 3 arms holding them in place.

The driving light thread is here:

http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/388-driving-lights/

I'll probably try moving some of the posts over to that thread when I get some time and figure out how to move them.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Please can someone here help me. I got the fog light set but it did not come with the paperwork. I installed the lights. But now I am having an issue getting the BCM reprogramed. The dealership is saying it will take 1.5 hours at $115.00 an hour plus possibly $50-60 for a code that may be on the paper work. Has anyone else had these issues?

Please can someone here help me. I got the fog light set but it did not come with the paperwork. I installed the lights. But now I am having an issue getting the BCM reprogramed. The dealership is saying it will take 1.5 hours at $115.00 an hour plus possibly $50-60 for a code that may be on the paper work. Has anyone else had these issues?

You need the code from the seller.

i paid $50 for the reprogramming, don't need code anymore

• 9 months later...

Awesome tutorial greg, just in getting the front bumper off which is awesome and seems like not that much fun.. stinks they hid the horn behind it, makes it a pian to put in something louder..how/where to did you wire in the other set of lights you have hooked up on the grill?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On Sunday, October 07, 2012 at 0:20 AM, barbara said:

I read your post. Wow!! I never realized how labor intense it was. I bought my Spark las month and same as you, purch the fog kit. My husband was going to put it on, but it didn't come with instructions. Now after watching your install, I beleive it is worth the $150 the dealer will charge to do it. This week we had a alarm installed so I can have auto door locks. We had it conected to the trunk switch. Anyone have a better idea?? Also anyone heard when or where I might be able to get the navigation system? I'd like to switch it out with an

original chevy one. I wasn't able to locate a xlt when I purch my LT. Thanks

I did a write up on how to add a button for the back hatch it took my like 30 mins. Less then 10 bucks. No more key to open the hatch

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, ChevyBeat said:

Hi, I visited the Chevy service center today and asked for spare fog relay and fuse. Somehow these not available. But what my technician told that they don't do ecu modify for enabling fog. Any suggestions ?

Please look at my post above for the new part number for the harness and where to order.