Cold air intake, check engine light

Hey I know everyone seems to be having problems when they install cold air intakes with the check engine light coming on. I thought I'd share my experience with mine. I bought a dc sports cold air intake for the spark, and I got a check engine light after I installed it, and it was running kinda rough. I left it go for a few days and after a few warm up and cool downs the check engine light is off and it's running fine again. I assume the computer compensated for the difference now. I waited a few days and still no light and all seems to be well.

• 7 months later...

Hey man, got the same set up. When I installed it I got the same thing, after unplugging the battery for an hour and letting everything reset it went away for a long time. I then drove from Tennessee to California where I'm stationed at and as soon as I pulled into base it came back on. I think I'm going to get a new maf sensor should fix it. I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like a correct install. But remember, the unit contains a 3rd party MAS only the connection module is original..so I suspect a fouled MAS..could clear up on it's own...what are the blue cables for? Also, a bottle of Walmart "ProShine"(green spray unit) safe on metal and rubber..soak the engine with it for a good shine and cleanup. and no more rust on metal and oxidation of aluminum parts.

• 3 weeks later...