I have a manual 2015 chevy spark that is stalling out for no reason... Parking break pulled, in neutral, running and out of nowhere it just stops running. Iv noticed if i play with some of the elecrtonics i.e. The lights or ac/heater i can also get it to stall out or turn its self off. Anyone else experiencing this problem with there spark?

I have had the same problem with my 2015 spark with man. trans. In total it has probably stalled out 40 times. Never has tripped a trouble code. It will also stall out while at idle or when stopped in neutral. I have just under 7900 miles on my car and bought it last March. This car has been in the shop 6 times and they can't find anything wrong, one time the service manager kept the car for three days and racked up 300 miles on the car with the computer hooked up with no problems found. I think they think i'm crazy but the car has a problem. You need to take your car to a dealer and complain. My dealer service manager as called the big wig mechanics at chevy and gone over this issue and they have created an ''open problem complaint.'' I think the more people that have this problem and complain they might start to take notice and start doing something about it. So you and anyone else that have this issue please take your car to the dealer and complain, thank goodness the car has not stalled while driving down the road but who knows what could result later on. Please keep everyone informed, and I will do the same, Thanks

Mine does the same as well its in the e shop as we speak but i feel as if the dealership doesnt want to try to fix it. Im getting "its a intermittent problem that is hard to find" run around.

Try contacting the Chevy Customer Care girls, here on this forum. http://chevysparkforum.com/user/829-chevrolet-customer-care/ Drop them a message, telling them your concerns, regarding your dealership dragging their feet. They will contact your dealer, and guide you from there. Keep us informed as to how it goes.

I have had the same problem with my 2015 spark with man. trans. In total it has probably stalled out 40 times. Never has tripped a trouble code. It will also stall out while at idle or when stopped in neutral. I have just under 7900 miles on my car and bought it last March. This car has been in the shop 6 times and they can't find anything wrong, one time the service manager kept the car for three days and racked up 300 miles on the car with the computer hooked up with no problems found. I think they think i'm crazy but the car has a problem. You need to take your car to a dealer and complain. My dealer service manager as called the big wig mechanics at chevy and gone over this issue and they have created an ''open problem complaint.'' I think the more people that have this problem and complain they might start to take notice and start doing something about it. So you and anyone else that have this issue please take your car to the dealer and complain, thank goodness the car has not stalled while driving down the road but who knows what could result later on. Please keep everyone informed, and I will do the same, Thanks

Hello Nevada Spark,

I certainly understand how frustrating an intermittent concern can be and truly apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced in your Spark. We’d like to contact the involved dealership to work toward a possible resolution and review this further from our end. If interested, please send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership in a private message.

Kind regards,

Jasmine

Chevrolet Customer Care

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have any more info about this problem? My 2015 Spark is doing the same thing. 5 speed manual. It stalls when I am idling in neutral. I'm pretty sure that when I take it to the dealer they won't have any advice for me, since it's unlikely that it will happen at the right time, when they are test driving it. It currently has 1100 miles on it and this has happened 4 times so far. Today right after it happened for the 4th time I finally called the dealer to set up an appt, but they can't fit me in until Saturday, so I have until then to come up with some suggestions for them. No check engine lights or anything are coming on when it happens, either, so I don't know if they'll even be able to tell what it is if it does happen during a test drive. If anyone else with this problem has had it fixed, please let me know so that I can point them in the right direction!

Thanks so much.

Does anyone have any more info about this problem? My 2015 Spark is doing the same thing. 5 speed manual. It stalls when I am idling in neutral. I'm pretty sure that when I take it to the dealer they won't have any advice for me, since it's unlikely that it will happen at the right time, when they are test driving it. It currently has 1100 miles on it and this has happened 4 times so far. Today right after it happened for the 4th time I finally called the dealer to set up an appt, but they can't fit me in until Saturday, so I have until then to come up with some suggestions for them. No check engine lights or anything are coming on when it happens, either, so I don't know if they'll even be able to tell what it is if it does happen during a test drive. If anyone else with this problem has had it fixed, please let me know so that I can point them in the right direction!

Thanks so much.

Take a look at the post by Rancan8, 2 posts above, he had the same problem, and the dealer resolved it with an ecu upgrade. Take it in to the dealership, and let them have a go at it, your warranty will take care of it. If they seem hopeless, you can contact the Customer Care girls, here on the board, you may even want to printout the post by Rancan8, and take it with you. Actually, this is your best option for now. Keep the group informed.

Take a look at the post by Rancan8, 2 posts above

Thank you. Don't know how I missed that the first time around. I will for sure print this out and bring it in to them as a suggestion. I'm hoping that it's a quick fix and I won't have any more trouble after Saturday! I appreciate the help.

Just so people understand, the traditional causes of stalling at idle are a weak alternator output, or, most often a loose or corroded battery terminal & very rarely a bad voltage regulator. These cars have a lot of electronics so as others have stated above...ecu upgrade. Still ppl should inspect battery terminals from time to time to be sure they are tight and not corroded and well greased. One sign of the battery terminal issue is very slow power windows, headlights dimming at low rpm's and of course stalling at idle.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update everyone that I took my car into the dealer, they couldn't make the problem happen while the car was there, which wasn't a shock, but went ahead and did that computer update that's supposed to prevent the car from stalling when going down hills and such. It worked, hasn't happened since then.

Good to hear! Let's hope that's the end of it.