• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Though it seems a old post but since I am going through same phase, sharing my research. I am having same model and variant LS. There are two ways, either get a standard factory kit which includes light stick with fog switch, relay, fuse harness and fog lamp with bazel and bulb. There is already a thread detailing same, note that thread is for newer model but other than shape of bazel seems everything same.

Now, the 2nd option, you make what you want. I initially had a thought of LED projector with Angel eyes (with own prepared wiring and a rectangle push button in place of coin holder on dash) so with regular search I got bored and in a YouTube video I saw that the angel eye ring is actually holding lens so it may not be waterproof after some time.

Now, I have bought light stick, relay and fuse from chevy service center during last service and will prepare own harness, waiting for sealed connectors. Next is fog lamp, hmm still want to use projector with halogen (so when I want LED, I can use LED bulb) but the available space from curve in bazel to fender lining is about 5.5 or 6 inch and fog lamp is 4.5 or 5 inch so clearance is very less. Probably, I will go with standard chevy style fog lamps (local manufacturered).

I'll update soon as its becoming a long lost project for me.

Update - so in between bought the Hella 60mm low beam projectors, made mount for that and got stuck with power rating, these are 60w lamp (HB3) each, while OEM are 35w (H8 or H27). Further, GM have laid the wiring from relay box till fog lamps which I was not able to take out so finally bought another set of fog lamp, local manufactured, cheap one as interim solution and fixed them.

IMG_20180224_200651079.jpg

IMG_20180224_194855899.jpg

IMG_20180224_194811576.jpg

Edited by ChevyBeat