• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My wife complained about the same issue...

To remove the front headrests:

1) Raise at far is possible

2) The side opposite the one used to rise the headrest has a resessed button.

Use your fingernail or a credit card to hold that button pressed....

3) While you pull the headrest out the top of the seat

I discovered that our Jetta's headrests fit the Spark seats.

These tilt fore and aft!

Edited by genosensor
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My wife complained about the same issue...

To remove the front headrests:

1) Raise at far is possible

2) The side opposite the one used to rise the headrest has a resessed button.

Use your fingernail or a credit card to hold that button pressed....

3) While you pull the headrest out the top of the seat

I discovered that our Jetta's headrests fit the Spark seats.

These tilt fore and aft!

Thanks for your help! I had to figure how to take them off to put on custom seat covers

Ya..I too find the headrests a bit far forward for my liking. My solution was to pull them as high as possible and lean the drivers seat back on more of a backward angle. Very comfy that way, but only do that when my wife is with me as I fall asleep and she needs to wake me before I hit the big transports head on. Hitting a transport head on with a combined speed of 150mph or more would most certainly do some damage to the front end and may even have to replace the airbags...so, ya, need to be careful about that kinda stuff.

• 3 months later...

I just replaced my 2014 Spark front headrests with a pair from an Audi [2002-2005], according to the ebay listing. The posts are the right diameter, 17/32", and the center-to-center distance between posts is 5 and 7/8 inches. They slide right in and don't push your head forward if you like to drive with the back of the seat in a more upright position. The posts don't have the same notches as the Spark but I suppose they could be cut in if you think it's needed. The snug fit holds the post securely. The dark gray leather is a pretty good match for the Spark vinyl. Also, the headrest itself pivots forward and back to provide additional adjustment. I don't know the exact model Audi or the exact year, '02-'05, but if anyone is trying to solve this uncomfortable Spark headrest issue, this may be one solution to your problem. I'll be trying a pair from a Chevy Volt in a week or so and I'll let you know if they work or not.

I just replaced my 2014 Spark front headrests with a pair from an Audi [2002-2005], according to the ebay listing. The posts are the right diameter, 17/32", and the center-to-center distance between posts is 5 and 7/8 inches. They slide right in and don't push your head forward if you like to drive with the back of the seat in a more upright position. The posts don't have the same notches as the Spark but I suppose they could be cut in if you think it's needed. The snug fit holds the post securely. The dark gray leather is a pretty good match for the Spark vinyl. Also, the headrest itself pivots forward and back to provide additional adjustment. I don't know the exact model Audi or the exact year, '02-'05, but if anyone is trying to solve this uncomfortable Spark headrest issue, this may be one solution to your problem. I'll be trying a pair from a Chevy Volt in a week or so and I'll let you know if they work or not.

Pictures of the headrests you used might help.

In fact anyone that has swapped theirs out I would be interested in seeing.

• 1 year later...

I had to do something to solve the headrest issue of being too far forward. My wife had her hair in a small bun and it was right against the headrest. I pulled the headrest out by using a small screwdriver to push in the opposite side of the normal adjuster. It came right out then. I turned it around and slid it back in. It stays down all the way now. It won't click in when it's flipped around, but it has stayed down. It is comfortable and still offers some protection in case somebody rearends you. This is about an 8 minute job.

• 4 months later...